Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Eco-Friendly Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lex, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Lex

the horizon is my home

Personally, I'm always looking for new ways to reduce my carbon footprint. So I thought it might be nice to have a thread talking and sharing links about reducing waste and plastic use or anything else related.

2. cheese_pizza

In Brussels, they don't use plastic bags. Everyone has his/her bag for buying goods and those who don't have use cardboard boxes.

3. SincerelyEmma

LUSH does a lot of products either packaging-free or that come in containers you can return to the stores to be reused. Shampoo bars, soap, lotion, toothpaste, bath bombs, stuff like that. It's kind of pricy but a lot of it's vegan/natural and all that jazz.

4. Lex

the horizon is my home

I love this about Europe. If plastic bags aren't banned somewhere, you have to pay for them. I like how Aldi keeps that policy in the States. (Presumably Lidl does here as well just don't have one near me yet.) Just wish they weren't the only company doing it. Having just moved back to the States people look at me like crazy when I tell them I don't need a bag. If I forget my bag/ buy more than I can fit, I just carry stuff.
    I love shampoo bars! I used to use one from Lush (the shampoo/ conditioner avocado oil one) but have recently started using another brand and I like it much better. The only thing I hate is that without the bottle, it's easy to forget the brand.

SincerelyEmma likes this.