Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I do like Outside and Direction, but I think they're a bit more... safe? I don't know the word really, they don't quite hit me the same way as others

2. irthesteve

awww bummer, that one is such a fuckin jammmmm

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Mine would basically be the entirety of The Mechanic

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I get what you mean. You picked the 12 I likely would have picked, but maybe those two would kick up the energy a bit.

No one ever picks any songs off The Path, right? Is that even a thing?

5. irthesteve

Haha, I mean there are some cure ones like This Is Love, and Runaway and Never Coming Back are cool. I think? I kinda forget

6. SayHello

Regular

Best cuts from The Path: We Grew Up the Same, Runaway, Never Coming Back, Session 8 Part II, and A Bigger Meaning. Obviously, the slowed down Decoration is fucking incredible too.

7. smoke4thecaper

The Path never clicked with me.

Then again, there are 23 other songs before it sooooo

8. irthesteve

I really like The Path as a story kinda thing, and I appreciate that they went for it. I don't listen often at all, but there's some cool themes/twists, etc

teebs41 likes this.
  9. smoke4thecaper

Totally. Agreed on that!

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love TMTMTP so much, I'm not sure it's possible for me to narrow it down to 11 songs. All I know is the "1000 Time A Day" and "From Here To LA" would have to be on there somewhere. "Outside" and "The One That You Hated" are must haves too.

11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah I'm not even gonna try and do that. Blasphemous imo.

jordalsh likes this.
  12. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i can narrow it down to eleven words: "listen to the entire album like it was designed you animal"

13. irthesteve

well duh. it's just a fun game YOU GUYS

14. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

My Lack Of Skill is such an underrated song. There use to be a video online of Ace and Bill doing it in a record store before the album was released. Bill plays the piano part on guitar and I literally have no idea how he played both the melody and chords on guitar. The video got deleted and I'm so mad about it.

nohandstoholdonto and jordalsh like this.
  15. I know exactly what you're talking about and I loved that video

t_papaccio and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  16. nohandstoholdonto

Same. I remember looking for that video around this time last year and feeling absolutely crushed that it was deleted :(

t_papaccio likes this.
  17. SayHello

Regular

Yep, that video was incredible. Along with the recording of the final show that was on YouTube for a long time and captured the band playing songs like "Make a Decision" "Outside" and "No Good" -- so angry I never ripped those YouTube videos.

18. SayHello

Regular

Happy ten year anniversary to an album that means the absolute fucking world to me. Nice write-up, Jordan.

jordalsh likes this.
  19. nohandstoholdonto

jordalsh likes this.
  20. love you both thank you so much. I can't believe it's been ten years

SayHello likes this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Much love to you all and Jordan that write up is great

SayHello likes this.
  22. SayHello

Regular

Anytime bud :) Everyone in this thread who loves TMTMTP as much as I do, it's incredible. I wish I could meet every one of you. It feels like we have a special bond in some sort of way. Here's to the next ten years with the greatest rock record ever.

jordalsh and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  23. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Love the write up Jordan.

This was the first TEN album I ever listened to and it changed my life forever. I'll never forget the first time I heard it when I was in 5th grade. When my friend came up to me and asked me if I wanted to listen to his cousin's band, and he showed me the music video for Decoration. This album holds such a special place in my heart, and I'll be forever grateful for how this album got me into Emo at such a young age.

SayHello likes this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

That write up was a really good read.
    I remember listening to this for the first time something like three or four years ago at 2 am, not realizing it was a fucking triple disc. And for a pretty long while I hardly noticed because it was so immediate. The one I loved the most was and still is the Path because I love some good story telling, but that isn't to diminish the other two discs at all; they all sit on a scale of excellent to more excellent with me.