Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

:heart:

It's all about The Mother for me, though The Mechanic is not far behind.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I'm super late but that is so fucking sick. I'm thinking about getting TMTMTP logos on my forearm.

jordalsh likes this.
  3. Thank you! That was an option for me at one point as well. Tbh I went through 1000 ideas over the years, finally just kind of went with my instinct

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Hey who assigned you the role of "emo-lord", I don't know if you were given that role by a source able to decree it

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

It me I did it

jordalsh likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

7. it's "the emo lord"

CoffeeEyes17, cwhit and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Video released for "Narrow Mouth"

9. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Great song, great video.

10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Saw this band over the weekend at Taste of Chaos. Well, I was across the river listening, but they sounded great. Anyone know who the touring bassist and drummer are?

11. SayHello

Regular

I know we're all huge TEN fans in this thread, so maybe I (or we) am (are) a bit biased, but after going to two dates of ToC it's so obvious that this band is by far one of the best live acts the scene has. They only played for thirty minutes but were extraordinarily better than TBS and Dashboard. Just more cohesive (on the same page / playing at the same pace, really knowing their songs), not missing any notes, better singing etc. As a huge TEN fan I still think this band, even today, deserve more attention and recognition - especially for their live performances.

12. SayHello

Regular

Touring bassist is Tom Ryan. I'm pretty sure he's been their guitar tech for a long time, he also plays in Young Statues.
    Touring drummer is Jose Lopez (I think that's his name). He used to be a guitarist in Houston Calls and recorded + toured with Ace during The World We Know.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw original lineup plus bill in philly, they were great. But dashboard was probably better live, ten was my number two, Saosin, the starting line, and tbs was way below all of them

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ok, hard game. Try to take The Mother and The Mechanic and make it into one 11-track album. GO

A Little More Time
    Little Black Heart
    Driving South
    From Here To LA
    Is It My Fault
    1000 Times A Day
    The Rest Of My Life
    No Good At Saying Sorry
    This Wasn't In Our Plan
    The One That You Hated
    Figure It Out

t_papaccio likes this.
  15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Very cool information. Thanks. I was going to ask what bands they were in if you didn't come out with it.

SayHello likes this.
  16. that's the easiest game of all time. in fact, the hardest thing would be picking 11 songs i actually like... haha.

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

WHAT. Blasphemy .

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Truth be told, I actually made my own Mother Mechanic Path CD, but I can't remember which songs I picked or how many tracks it was. I do remember that it had Decoration and the Decoration reprise in it though. It all flowed really well. I should bust it out and post my tracklist in here.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. SayHello

Regular

1. My Lack of Skill
    2. No Good At Saying Sorry
    3. Decoration
    4. Scared To Lose
    5. Figure It Out
    6. Hair
    7. Outside
    8. This Wasn't In Our Plan
    9. Make A Decision
    10. Is It My Fault
    11. A Little More Time

I left some of my favorites out of the track listing (Money In His Hand / Rest of My Life / From Here to LA / I Don't Know How To Say This) in order to make an album that ebbed and flowed very cohesively. I thought putting My Lack of Skill as an opener would really state the themes of the album off the bat and ode back to TRTC (as that has a slow / soft opener as well). The album then slowly and progressively builds and then peaks at before it takes a break in the middle (tracks 5, 6, and 7) then slowly builds and ends with the band's best song - A Little More Time.

20. SayHello Jun 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2016)
    SayHello

Regular

The harder task would actually be trying to make a cohesive 12 song track listing based on the band's entire discography. Also, what's does everyone think about the chances of a new album mid to late 2017? Being as that I didn't really love Imbue like the rest of the band's discography, I'm already itching for some new songs. Also curious to see if they'll stay on Rise or go somewhere else if they continue to put out new music.

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

puhhhleeze, the ones I listed are unquestionably great. I dare you to pick one I listed and pretend you don't like it

22. "Driving South" is one of maybe just two or three that you listed that I don't like. That song in particular, I just don't generally gravitate toward acoustic southern rock kind of songs like it. Just not my cup of tea, but it's fine for what it is. I don't listen to it though, ha.

23. Mr. Serotonin

The Best Happiness Money Can Buy is one of my favourite Ace songs he's ever written. I know it's ICMAM, but it's so good. I just wish it were longer.(that's....that's what she said?)

24. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

This is a good list. I'm a big fan of "Outside" and "Decoration," but they would also be pretty solid b-sides/bonus tracks (if that counts, which I am the judge of and say yes, that counts).

25. Mr. Serotonin

Outside for sure.

smoke4thecaper likes this.