Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 54

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Ohhhh! I knew all about this, but maybe I missed a post as to what this has to do with TEN or Ace.

Is JJR in Keep Flying or something?

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Indeed

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I actually just found out this week that he wasn't even originally in Keep Flying. Pretty sure he joined that band after the No Good News stuff went down.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I think that’s right

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I got tickets. I don't know how to feel about the JJR situation or how much Ace knows. It bums me out and I hope for the best re: him being ignorant. I also don't know how recording contracts work. The MO dude has been chummy with JJR for a while now so you can draw a very clear path to get them in the studio.

6. Anthony_

He definitely has worked with JJR in the past because he played on the first Aaron West album before the NGN stuff even went down and Ace produced it. But idk how much he would actually know about the NGN/Hotelier stuff.

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah that entire Philly/NJ/NYC scene is pretty tight. It comes down to the AP bubble. The news of Harry Corrigan got out to more people, idk if the JJR stuff did. Plus, if they're hearing the story only from him...idk it all sucks

8. Anthony_

Yeah like I doubt JJR is bringing up that incident, the dude definitely would want to keep those details obscured as much as possible. For all Ace could know he’s just a guy who is friends with some of the Wonder Years members.

OhTheWater likes this.
  9. yeah i really dislike it and i really wish he wouldn’t work with them but there's a lot I don't know about what he does or doesn't know and a lot I don't know in general. that's gibberish but you know what I mean. i'm bummed about it but idk

Leftandleaving, sonder and OhTheWater like this.
  10. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Im pretty active in the NJ scene and seeing JJR and his band so active in it has always bothered me. A while back I told my friends who book shows in South Jersey/Philly to never book Keep Flying and explained the situation. 99% of people I tell the JJR story to have absolutely no idea.

Leftandleaving, sonder and OhTheWater like this.
  11. Anthony_

Yeah this doesn’t surprise me at all especially considering he really faced no repercussions for his actions aside from being fired by The Wonder Years. Hard to make sure awareness is maintained when the response from almost everyone connected to him was essentially a shrug.

Good on you for educating people about it like that though! Seriously, respect.

sonder and Tom like this.
  12. Tom

Gotta try to do my part! Literally no one in the local scene here talks about it so when I started seeing that name pop up again, it was my first instinct to tell people what was up. Honestly if it wasn't for AP.net I probably wouldn't have known about it either.

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. waterloobeam

Regular

I suspect Ace is kinda out of the loop when it comes to anything relating to social issues and/or politics. Never see him post anything in regards to those subjects, and he sorta comes off pretty uh, traditional. I dunno, love the guy a bunch though.

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Sergio has a solo single out, full lp out this summer

jordalsh and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. remember this gem from '09

16. "Make Plans" was my jaaaaam

jordalsh likes this.
  17. oh shit i'm having a great time listening to this lol

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This whole video is dope

.K., Tom and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. Tom

Pretty cool to hear them talk about The Truth Is.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  20. Heron182

Regular

New footage from 2002

21. Awesome! The golden age of Drive Thru!

Looks like Stephanie from Drive Thru in the back singing along from the crowd haha.

22. Heron182

Regular

He’s got some home grown from warped tour I hope he releases lol DTR was great back then so many solid bands

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. Anthony_

Ace said on his Instagram story today that new TEN and new ICMAM is “in the works”

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yeah he said that a year ago too, lots of broken promises in 2020 unfortunately

smowashere and Jusscali like this.
  25. Anthony_

Yeah can’t think of any reason why that would be the case