Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to any I Can Make a Mess in years. Gonna change that today.

jordalsh likes this.
  2. listened to secret wars too! rain was the first song he played at my very first show when i was 15, much love for that ep

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Rain’s chorus is one of his best imo

jordalsh likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Well I started a campaign for TWWK vinyl on Ace’s Instagram story lol

bradsonemanband and jordalsh like this.
  5. ace plz

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I listen to Dust'n Off The Old Guitar when it rains the first time of the year for the last few years

jordalsh likes this.
  7. this is my next listen, i was just too busy at work today. growing pains is amazing

i also listened to that old facebook song we ignite today too. i remember playing it over and over between world we know and gold rush

irthesteve and waterloobeam like this.
  8. irthesteve

Who has gone to the NFG tour? They go on before Real Friends? And do they have a short set?

sonder likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Are they really only playing 7 songs? :tear: so sad

10. Maybe they want to hear you sad

11. Dog Fish

Mutt

wasn't there like two bonus songs that were promised to those who bought the digital ep? and then they like never came?

12. irthesteve

Don't even get me started on Ace and his lack of delivery, it's quite a bummer. I was part of Mess of The Month which was quite a failure in the end.

Dog Fish likes this.
  13. Dog Fish

Mutt

i'm trying to find the original email. but i know i definitely send a couple follow-up emails asking for those songs.

14. Dog Fish

Mutt

wikipedia cleared it up:

This message was posted on the official I Can Make a Mess online store: Three free songs (Pretty Pretty, 1000 Times a Day remix and Decoration) will be sent to you once the album hits 5,000 sales. Let us give you free music by helping us promote!

Although many people believe the 5,000 sales goals was hit, these songs were never sent out to those who purchased the album.

15. yeah that never happened lol

decoration came out on the 15 years acoustic record tho and it's really good there

16. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Yeah they played a pretty short set on the NFG tour. Saw them in Milwaukee and sadly there was only a small group of people into them (and Real Friends!). They played some reeeeal deep cuts, like several from 2001-2003. Ace sounds so freaking killer live. I mean, I've seen them before and his voice live is spot-on, but that night he just blew me away with some of the notes he was hitting.

Also, like someone said earlier, Ace confirmed a new album and tour this fall (I want to say September but don't quote me on that).

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Narrow did not sound great but the rest was pretty good.

18. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Lol narrow seems like it would be hard as fuck unless you tuned down

trevorshmevor and Jusscali like this.
  19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Ace sounds so perfect live. What an amazing singer. Really funny to go back and listen to early ten stuff cause maaaaaan he wasn’t great lol

jordalsh likes this.
  20. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think about this every time I talk about TEN. Everyone is so attached to their early material, but his voice is so awful on those recordings. In Currents is unbelievable. I wish I enjoyed Imbue more because his voice is incredible now.

waterloobeam likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn’t he do the rooms too cold in like 2-3 takes haha

lostawholeyear and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

But I really wanted narrow to be great lol

23. narrow has been literally incredible the four ish times i’ve seen it but i can see it being extremely hard to perform

24. GBlades

Trusted

Am I correct in remembering that Ace self taught himself singing and even guitar? I'm sure it was one or the other, or both.