Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I win!!! I actually didn't see the picture of him dressed as a waiter, I was just guessing from the inside shot

2. futures

I've seen TEN/Ace more times than I can count over the years, worked with him a few times, and was in attendance of at least 5 shows that were recorded for future DVD releases, including the one you're speaking of. I love the guy and all, but it's safe to say that we will never see any of that footage, lol.

3. SayHello

Regular

My guess is that it's just Ace in LA doing the video and that it makes sense to have a video for one of their newest and best songs before a couple of massive tours.

4. SayHello

Regular

Also, did anyone see Ace laying down that bass line on Instagram yesterday or a few days ago? Could we really be getting more new music from him this year? That'd be nuts.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Sounds like it! And it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

6. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

The dude is a machine

7. and not even a shitty machine like recent Tom Delonge, but Ace actually writes gold 99% of the time!

chhholly123 likes this.
  8. Iago Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

Imbue has been hitting me hard today. The way the lyricism was written allows it to be interpreted in many ways, and I've been relating a lot of the lines to trichotillomania, which is something I've struggled with for 6 years. I'm feeling a lot of what I felt with Hotelier's Home..., as I enjoy listening to the songs and I keep wanting to hear them, but it's cathartic and drains me positively and negatively. I'm all for this release now.

9. SayHello

Regular

Is it selfish to want The World We Know Part II...?

jordalsh likes this.
  10. irthesteve

The World We Know is so great, I would love more in that vein

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I don't know if there's anything in Ace's discography I don't enjoy. I need to revisit The World We Know though. I haven't listened to that in a while.

12. irthesteve

All I know is Gold Rush is my least favorite thing of his, but that's not to say it's bad at all

13. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

I love Gold Rush so much but Enola holds a special place in my heart

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That's what I want. Such a perfect sound for him.

15. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

The World We Know is arguably the best album Ace has ever been a part of, including all of the TEN stuff.

16. SayHello

Regular

I love Gold Rush and I have to agree with @JJPagan

17. chhholly123

Now I am sad I have never heard this album...

18. SayHello

Regular

Holy crap, you must go listen to it NOW!

19. underrated ace song

SayHello and JJ Pagan like this.
  20. ohhhh fuck this whole EP god damn the memories oh my

21. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

It's just such a complete album. It has everything. Both the opener and the closer are epic, and there isn't a song in between I would skip. Also the production is fantastic. It's absolutely a must listen if your an Ace Enders fan.

22. The World We Know is perfect

23. Ainsley&MyWhetstone Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Seeing Ace solo after releasing Gold Rush was amazing but he closed with Old Man...... and I lost my god damn mind. It was so beautiful.

I mostly came in here though to say I love this band/Ace and I have yet to go to an emo night where I haven't drunkenly approached the DJs towards the end of the night to ask them to play some TEN for me. They're always the best about it.

24. chhholly123

Ok you convinced me.
    you right. thanks guys. i like basically everything Ace has ever done but i can already tell i like this best after a couple listens.

25. SayHello

Regular

That entire Australian EP is a hidden gem for hardcore Ace fans. It should've been given a proper release here.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.