Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I Don't Care is such a great song.

So one of my best friends is Jeff's cousin. Jeff was talking to him about touring this year and how Jeff won't be able to do full tours because of work (like all the tours they have done since the reunion.) Jeff actually asked my friend if he was interested in filling on drums with TEN. Obviously nothing confirmed or anything, but my friend was super excited possibly get the chance to play drums with his favorite band.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  2. SayHello

Regular

Very cool! That's exciting.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

So happy about this!

4. Gooddayz

always and forever

I love this band. Last year I got into them after hearing Imbue, so good. Only album I haven't dived into is The Mother, the Mechanic and the Path.. How does that one hold to the others? It's kinda intimidating

5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

It's my favorite album of all time but most people don't seem to connect with it as much. It's often found at the bottom of people's lists. Can't really understand that, just seems like one of those albums where if it hits you, it really hits you and if it doesn't then it probably just seems like a chore. Idk.

jordalsh likes this.
  6. it's my least favorite TEN/Ace album. But there are some good songs throughout it. To me, it feels like they had the concept of doing 3 albums before they even had the material. A lot of the songs just aren't good or seem like they weren't ever fleshed out. I made a CD of my favorite songs from this album, put them in a different order that made the "album" flow, and that's what I listen to if I feel like listening to any of the songs from this.

7. nohandstoholdonto

I cried

jordalsh likes this.
  8. Gooddayz

always and forever

Thanks for the comments! I guess I'll have to check out the album and see for myself. I heard the song Decoration though which was great.

9. I will fight to the death for TMTMTP

10. That's the best song on there.

11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

The path is so underrated

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Decoration is definitely not the best song on that album. Far, far from it

13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

"Money In His Hand" is the best on the album imo. "1000 Times A Day" and "A Bigger Meaning" come close

chhholly123 likes this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

The Truth Is

15. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

When transferring iTunes libraries a few years back something screwed up so I only have The Mechanic and The Path.

The Mother is gone, and I haven't heard it in like 3 years probably....I miss it.

16. nohandstoholdonto

Damn that's the best "disc" imo.

17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I need to revisit Imbue. I remember liking a few tracks and the rest were warming up to me but I stopped coming back to the record due to other things to listen to. I really love the opener though. This is the only record I've heard from the band. How does it stack up to the rest of their discography?

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

In my opinion this is their second best record. I don't know if anything could top the rooms too cold for me

19. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Shortly after my previous post, I put on Imbue and yep, I'm going to spend a lot of time with this again.

20. SayHello

Regular

Christ, it's just so hard comparing this band's material against itself. It's just all so good. If you like one, you'll probably like it all, to be honest. In Currents is by far their most accessible, and after that dropped I told people that album should be the first thing they listen to by TEN. But now that they have another record out past that, I'll go back to what I always used to say. The best way to dive into this band is listening to their releases in sequential order. It's much easier to see the growth / makes more sense in context that way. And when you go from TMTMTP to IC remember that the band purposefully tried to make an album that they thought they would've made in 2012 if they didn't break up and continued releasing music between TMTMTP and IC.

t_papaccio and Iago like this.
  21. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, I have the CD too, but I can't upload it because my Mac doesn't have a disc drive :teethsmile:

And I can listen to it on Apple Music I guess but I just never really think to. Frustrating not having it in my actual iTunes.

22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I got into TEN after they broke up. I listened to TMTMTP and immediately fell in love. The Room's Too Cold never really did anything for me. I can listen to a few songs here and there, but I don't love the album like I do their newer material.

23. Ace (TEN?) is (are?) in L.A. today filming a music video. Go find him (them?)! ha

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Saw that picture, it seems like it's at Hotel Cafe if I were to guess, but I could be very wrong, and probably am

25. i think you're right, sir!