Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Ace's solo stuff usually sits a peg above TEN for me

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Early November will always be my favorite project of his

bobby_runs likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Revisited Imbue yesterday and I really do still think it's their best. The last three songs...shit, man

TOS_Matt, jordalsh and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

agreed

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  5. Leftandleaving

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. irthesteve

I still like it the least somehow, but I still really enjoy it

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still like it a lot more than the first two but a fair bit less than In Currents.

8. CoffeeEyes17

:heart: i cant wait to gush about the new Hotelier with you. hoping i can somehow get an early stream.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

Ace is a super underrated lyricist in our scene and I think this is his best lyrical outing for sure. nothing against the other releases but i think these are his strongest.

Sorry Jordan and Audrey :( still love you both and TMTMTP tho

jordalsh likes this.
  10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Desperately awaiting the release of TRTC 10 year anniversary show at Union Transfer. However, considering it's 2016 the release doesn't seem likely. TEN is easily one of the best bands I've had the pleasure of seeing live.

11. SpyKi

Lol, my Imbue thread on AP has become a ban thread.

12. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Maybe one day I can forgive.

I do adore Imbue, not as much as TMTMTP or TRTC, but tbh there was no way it could've possibly stacked up to those two for me.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. I'll forgive you in time

Zac Djamoos and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  14. CheapPop

Regular

I've always been a huge fan of TEN. Sadly, i found out about them when I was 14, and then six months later they broke up. But Im glad that they are back and still putting out new music. I always thought it was bad ass that a band from this neck of the woods (I'm from the next town over, like 10 minutes from Ace) was doing their thing and were pretty well known. Saw them last week at The Fillmore in Philly and they put on a hell of a show. Hopefully I will be seeing them this summer as well.

jordalsh likes this.
  15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I like Imbue but I still think In Currents is probably this band's best work.

16. SpyKi

"Call Off the Bells", best song, makes me cry. Perfect song. Special.

chhholly123 and jordalsh like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

"Call Off The Bells" is definitely one of their best songs.

jordalsh likes this.
  18. irthesteve

I saw it before it all died, it got crazy in there

jordalsh likes this.
  19. SayHello

Regular

I'd be very, very surprised if Ace or TEN released anything this year. I feel like a little break from writing would be good for Ace, but he is a machine and he loves what he does. I'm more or less hoping that Taste of Chaos reinvigorates the band once again and they find time / are motivated to do a lot of writing on the tour (as I would imagine the original lineup will be present for a good chunk of the tour). I liked Imbue, and it's by far their best sounding live album (which is why it's frustrating they don't play more songs from it right now) but I don't think it holds up as well to their other material. With that being said, it is their most straight forward rock album and (when I remember that when listening) in that context it makes me like it more. Was at the show last weekend, tons of people there - it seemed like the band was thoroughly enjoying themselves. I hope they continue being a band for the next ten years. Finally, I don't think TRTC DVD will happen - I've heard the quality is just too poor for them to justify putting it out (at least that's what I've been told). Wouldn't doubt the band doing something small for TMTMTP this fall and trying to record it though.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Reading through this thread has me revisiting Imbue. Damn good album.

21. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

Listening to Imbue on better headphones made me fall in love with it all over again. I had a moment where I fell asleep listening to the album, and when I heard the outro of Harmony, it put the biggest smile on my face.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Really excited for them for the huge tour they are on this summer. Gonna try and go to the Philly date.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. SayHello

Regular

Ace opening the final Transit show in Philadelphia! I'm glad he was chosen / he is a part of it considering that TEN (early in their reunion) openly expressed their love of Listen and Forgive. Should be a very fun and nostalgic night. I remember the first time I heard Listen and Forgive in early October of 2011 and then knowing that it would somehow eventually end up meaning as much to me as TMTMTP / TRTC did. So in that way, both of these bands - for me, are linked together. I'm not sure I'll ever resonate with two albums like I do with TMTMTP and L&F.

24. TOS_Matt

Agreed, I find it hard to dispute that this is their best album. The chorus of "Nothing Lasts Forever" blew me away.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

What a closer

TOS_Matt likes this.