Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Mar 9, 2016.

1. jordalsh Mar 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2016)
    Imbue came out last year and is totally awesome. The Mother, The Mechanic, and The Path is ten years old this year and I'm starting to feel old and wise. Discuss.

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

The Mother, The Mechanic, and The Path is arguably the most important record that has ever existed for me.

Zac Djamoos and jordalsh like this.
  3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I love Ace, and am really into a whole bunch of his releases from various projects, but The Room's Too Cold is the peak.

bobby_runs likes this.
  4. It is no contest for me

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'm with you on this. I love every TEN record but TRTC is special.

TMTMTP is extremely impressive for such an ambitious project. The only negative I can level at it is I never really listen to The Path.

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I love TRTC for sure, but idk, something about TMTMTP makes it way more special for me.

I love everything this band has done though, and most everything Ace has done in general.

7. I've seen TEN 7 times now, including their first reunion show in Philly. This band is so special to me, and The Room's Too Cold is one of my favorite albums.

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I really enjoy the Early November, but I would not consider any of their release seminal or the most important thing to me. I don't mean that to be negative, but I just found them to be consistently good. A band I enjoy coming back to, just not one of my ultimate favorites. That said, I love For All of This and the acoustic EP for nostalgia. The Room's Too Cold is still good as well. The triple disc was a lot of fun, but I kind of pick different tracks from each disc these days. In Currents was a cool record because I didn't expect it to be a thing. Seeing that tour cycle was really neat and brought back the feels. I honestly have not given Imbue much of a listen and I am not really sure why. I love the artwork though!

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Getting my love for In Currents out there on this new site.

jordalsh likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's been a while since a new Ace release, hopefully it means something soon!

11. he hasn't missed a year in like 9 years now, I'm sure we'll get something in 2016. the question is, through which project?

12. irthesteve

Definitely depends how much TEN have been working together on an album, otherwise a solo/Mess thing seems most likely

jordalsh likes this.
  13. SpyKi

I see no chance of a new TEN album happening. I'd love another Mess album like The World We Know.

jordalsh likes this.
  14. yeah I'd be shocked if TEN came back this year. anything The World We Know-like would kill me

15. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

I'm weird, and like TRTC less than their other albums although it's still enjoyable.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. SpyKi

we'll be weird together.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  17. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i went through that album again recently and was surprised by how well it accomplished its goals given how ambitious it was. The Path isn't flawless but it's way better than an experimental/experiential debut release by a young band has any right to be.

18. Growing In is such a feel good album, I love it so much, an incredible pick-me-up.

I also discovered that Hiraeth is a really really good 4 am album

19. i need to listen to the couple of newest Ace albums again. it's been a long time!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing these guys in Philly last week was really great. Best time I've ever seen them for sure. I hope the full band goes on Taste Of Chaos.

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

He just pumps albums out so quickly that it's almost hard to digest! Would never complain about that though, haha @bradsonemanband

22. Burning Your Eyes In The Sun is incredible

23. irthesteve

I wonder what our next Ace release will be

jordalsh and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Prolly something to commemorate AP

jordalsh likes this.
  25. The band seems to be filming a video for "Narrow Mouth"

aoftbsten and Mr. Serotonin like this.