Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November - "The Room's Too Cold" / The Movielife Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by btr, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was so stoked on the OG lineup. Last time I saw them I drove out to Philly and I figured it'd be the last time I see them with that lineup unless I went out there again. They are just so much better when it's all of them together

But I still think they'll be great! Maybe only Jeff left

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. DAMMIT! I haven't seen Jeff with them since Warped Tour 1856 or whenever it was. It was a long time ago. I know that much.

3. Sheriff77

Regular

Ace is the only original member at the Chicago show :tear:

4. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Overall I had a good time but I was a little disappointed. I felt like they might have ended early? Ace was having issues with his in-ear monitors and before the last song he signaled to the band "last one". They also didn't have an encore.

TEN had no music for sale. No cds, no vinyl, nothing.

5. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Yeah I felt similar at first, but then Ace started talking about how he'd rather do it like this than not at all and I think I agree. Would I have prefered Jeff and Serge, etc? Of course. But they're obviously OK with this arrangement and the replacement band really sounded pretty decent last night, if not a bit boring to watch. I didn't realize how fucking ripped Ace is now. I probably haven't seen him in 9 or 10 years. And that Friday Night Lights shirt :hearteyes:

The in-ear thing was a bit distracting but it didn't really ruin anything for me. What almost DID ruin it for me was the snare drum. Maybe a mic was out of place or it was broken but it just sounded terrible.

6. Sheriff77

Regular

My issue is that this show was sold as “The Early November” when it should have been “Ace Enders (with full band performing The Room’s Too Cold)”.

bobby_runs likes this.
  7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I just went and looked up pics of Ace on his Instagram and he does look pretty tone in some pics!

8. tonyvalentine

Regular

The Movielife only had 2/5 of their original members. After the show my friend said “these were the best cover bands I have ever seen”. Overall, the night was super fun.

9. Behind the Barricade

Was it just Vinnie and Brandon?

10. tonyvalentine

Regular

Yup. Also The Ratt from IATA on drums, Matt Fazzi from TBS on bass and someone else i didn’t recognize on guitar. They were still very good. Just wasn’t expecting that.

11. Behind the Barricade

That's almost as random as Set Your Goals being Vinnie's backup band at that one Bamboozle.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

But at least with Movielife it is the two main songwriters.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  13. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Yeah for a band I never really got into, they were pretty impressive. And the first few songs I was like, man, that bassist looks familiar. Then Vinnie introduced him and I was like, ohhhhhhhhhh.

14. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Ehhh. I mean, it's kind of to be expected at this point in any band's career. It probably had a little something to do with marketing the tour, but, to be fair, Serg and Jeff (I think?) were at the first few dates, maybe they'll come back later on in the tour or something. It didn't bother me much, but I understand if it bothered other people.

15. fullonmonet

Anyone know which band is closing tje Houston date?

16. mikeb1124

Regular

Movielife should be closing

17. fullonmonet

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Assuming that they're trading off headlining nights, am I correct in assuming that TEN will headline tomorrow in Los Angeles?

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Love the avatar

20. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Sadly gonna have to miss out on this. Been sick since Monday and not 100%. Driving in Friday traffic is the last thing I want to do today.

21. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'm assuming TEN is closing tonight since they weren't on last night's date in San Diego. I won a 4 pack of tickets from HOB Anaheim yesterday and have two extras if anyone wants to go.

22. reyn

I'll take them if you still have them available!

23. Still upset this tour didn't come my way

TJ Wells likes this.
  24. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

Saw them in KC last night. Super small venue. I think a 300 max venue but the place probably wasn't half full. It was great. The bands were super into it. The crowd was into it. It was intimate as hell. I was shocked when the rest of TEN wasn't there but Ace kinda explained that as the night went on. The replacement players sounded damn near perfect. Good times.

25. he didn't mention why they weren't there tonight. what was the reasoning?

first time seeing them. sounded absolutely fantastic. TRTC has never been my favorite of theirs, but I listened a bunch to prep. holding out hope for an In Currents tour in like 5 years.

pauljgreco likes this.