Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November - "The Room's Too Cold" / The Movielife Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by btr, Jul 19, 2017.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'd be down to go to this, but it's the same night that Third Eye Blind is in Grand Rapids.

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My best friend is getting married that day so I'll be missing the MI show

3. Grato

Regular

I'm surprised it's not doing well. I know the Movielife has only been (sadly) losing steam since the reunion started but I figured another (seemingly random) Room's Too Cold tour combined with the movielife would have done great

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

TEN has really lost steam as well unfortunately. I went to their reunion tour in 2012 and they sold out a 1100 capacity venue. Now next month I'm going to their NJ show (their hometown show) and its at a 500 capacity venue and there's still tickets available. Makes me mad cuz they are one of the few bands from that era that just keep getting better and better with every album.

bobby_runs likes this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think either band has that large of a draw at all. I can only speak for the Cleveland shows, but they have not been well attending for years for TEN, not even their original reunion shows in 2012.

6. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

They're playing at Bottom Lounge in Chicago which is not exactly big. And it's not sold out.

I track them on Songkick but I didn't get a notification about this tour. I'm glad I found out about it while buying tickets to other shows.

7. mynamesgeneric

Regular

I discovered The Movielife months after they broke up. I played a burned, out-of-order copy of 40 Hour through high school and the beginning of college. I've followed all of Vinnie and Brandon's projects throughout their careers and about lost my shit when they announced an Austin date for this tour. To say I am looking forward to seeing these songs played live is an understatement, I hope the crowd is full of people with similar stories.

kman22 likes this.
  8. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Im going to the Austin show

9. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I found out about the Movielife when they opened for New Found Glory and Good Charolette on the Honda Civic Tour back in 2003. I was 12 years old at the time. We didn't get there until part way through the Movielife's set, but I remember absolutely falling in love. I got ahold of 40 Hour Train Back to Penn immediately after that show, bought a Movielife hoodie that I would wear every day to school, and listened to the band every day.

Flash forward a few months later the band announced that they were breaking up. I still remember sitting in my room alone crying because I was so upset that I would never get to see the Movielife perform now that I actually knew who were they were.

Even as I write this it's crazy to think about. I'm currently listening to the new Movielife album that just dropped on iTunes. A new Movielife record was something I never thought that I would see again. Hell, I was convinced for a long, long time that I'd never get to see the band perform, period. However, ever since they started playing again I've never missed an opportunity to see the Movielife when they hit Southern California. I'll never take one of their tours for granted, because I honestly never know if there will be another one. I feel so lucky every time I get to see the band play.

10. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I assume they're alternating each night who closes? If that's the case TEN isn't closing in Chicago, which I prefer. I'll stick around for some of the Movielife though.

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Seeing the TEN set list for this is making me think again about going. Would have to drive 100 miles in rush hour traffic plus finding parking. Wish they would just do the San Diego date

12. Grato

Regular

show last night was awakward, bunch of racist 30 year old men push pitting wayyyy too hard, the whole crowd talking over TEN's set for the majority of the songs, a really weird and forced proposal before dinner at the money table, the strings player's gear breaking which forced him to improvise piano (sometimes poorly). Def wish I went in philly bc I'm sure they sounded great for everything they weren't making up on the spot

13. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Wait, how were they racist?

14. Grato

Regular

the woman in the awkward engagement was asian and they were yelling the phrase "she's useless she can't drive"

15. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

They are? Oct 5th at HOB

16. bobby_runs

Poster says TML only same with local HOB site.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last night was really great! All the bands killed it. TEN was easily the best I've ever seen them

But TEN played before The Movielife and the place cleared out. I felt really bad.. There were maybe like 20 people singing along to Movielife by the end of the night

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My buddy texted me at 6:20 last night saying he was sitting next to Ace at the bar. He said they were the only ones in the entire bar and they were going over the set list. He posted a pic on Facebook of his GF and Ace.

Was the show well attended for TEN?

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I would say 250-300 and the crowd was digging it/singing really loud. TEN definitely had to cut their set short they only played one song after the album. They were so good though, I didn't expect it to be the original lineup since the last few times it was just Ace/Bill and fill ins.

20. bobby_runs

The original line up is what is keeping me interested in this.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently tonight is the last show with the original lineup

22. bobby_runs

Seriously?

23. red8ge

Regular

wait i just realized, is this two full album tours in one year for TEN?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think so. I know Jono from The Swellers is drumming for them starting tonight, I'm not sure about the rest of the band though

25. Sheriff77

Regular

Oh man! Going tonight and I haven’t been able to see Jeff and Serg since they opened for NFG with Cartel and Hit the Lights.