Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November - "The Room's Too Cold" / The Movielife Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by btr, Jul 19, 2017.

1. btr Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2017)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

The Early November to perform "The Room's Too Cold" in its entirety and more.

2. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

[​IMG]

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOO

MegT585 likes this.
  4. devenstonow

Noobie

wish it wasn't just a Room's Too Cold set, but fuck, this is an awesome tour

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I am so excited fuck..

Same day as Cloud Nothings here which sucks but I'll see them with Japandroids later this year anyway

6. m32137

Regular

I'm still hopeful The Movielife will have other Florida dates either before or after Fest.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I can't do the Michigan date because of my friend's wedding, so I'm considering the drive to Cleveland. Still haven't seen the Movielife and all of TRTC would be incredible to see

8. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

This tour couldn't be hitting a better venue in Los Angeles. I'm so excited.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Beachland Ballroom is a top 3 venue for me in Cleveland. I swear though, every single tour announced this year, I've had conflicts on the dates it's in Cleveland. My wife and I are having my son's birthday party on that day. Probably wouldn't be too happy if I left her to clean up all the mess/put things together that night.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm fucking depressed.

11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Is it just me but are some of these venues really small? Sneaky Dee's in Toronto holds like 200 people...

12. michael_gatto

Trusted

This will be one fun show. Can't fucking wait.

13. ncarrab Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2017)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I honestly don't think they're that big of a draw. I can only speak to their shows in the Cleveland area but when they played House of Blues on their reunion/In Currents tour, it was the least attended show at HOB I've ever been at. Like, cringe-worthy empty. The following year they came back around the area (Akron) and played a venue (Musica) which had 400 capacity and to my knowledge didn't come close to selling out.

Last time they did an acoustic show in our area (2014) they played MaHall's which is a 250 cap (I believe). Don't think it sold out.

14. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I'm never gonna get to see The Early November headline am I?

TJ Wells likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The last Grog show had maybe 250 people at it as well. Definitely sad. And I know Movielife wouldn't draw more than 250-300 on their own here either

16. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

That's interesting. I guess I'm more surprised because it's a co-headliner. I would think the added draw of having The Movielife on the bill would sell some tickets but I guess not. I know they've been inactive forever but they haven't played Toronto in 16 years... Guess they're a lot less popular than they are important.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When did they play at Grog?

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Right after Imbue came out. I think it was May 2015 with Lydia

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I remember being shocked at how empty that initial House of Blues show was. And it was on a Saturday night. I was so excited because it was my first time seeing them. I still enjoyed the show but the lack of crowd was such a distraction because it was so awkward.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

OK, yeah. I remember that. Didn't go because of my Cavs playoff rule, haha.

21. estacey99

last time they played Mod Club and I don't think came even close to selling it out

22. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah I was there. I actually didn't mind it. It wasn't very full but it wasn't awkwardly empty either. TEN and Movielife at Sneaky Dees on a Saturday is going to be a 100 degree shitshow.

23. estacey99

oh absolutely but I don't think I'd want it any other way

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough haha I actually think it may have been the night of a game but can't remember. They were great but the crowd was so meh. And this girl was filming the ENTIRE show front row in Ace's face on her phone (including face timing at some point for a really long duration) and it was so frustrating. He had to eventually call her out and ask her to stop and the whole crowd cheered and I'm pretty sure she left.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It definitely was the night of a game. It was the night we won the Eastern Conference at home.