Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November - Fifteen Years (January 20th, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I made it about two tracks in before I decided to buy this. I don't now how Ace does it, but he just constantly one-ups himself vocally.

js977 and teebs41 like this.
  2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah definitely would have rather them have been left untouched, but Ace's voice is still incredible on this. I need to dig back into In Currents again. Think it's my favorite TEN album honestly.

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Love TMTMTP songs, I'm a little over a third of the way in this. Mountain Range sounded cool. Tell Me Why kind of sounded like he tried to redo the hugeness of the chorus and it didn't come off as huge. also holy fuck a little more time

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

fuck, decoration and call off the bells fuuuuuck

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I pre-ordered the vinyl a while ago and just listened to the digital version of this. I got to be honest, I think it's just OK. I'm not overly impressed with it upon first listen. I mean, it's good and all, but I was kind of hoping for some more unique versions or even recreations of the songs like some other bands do when they release acoustic albums.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just finished my second listen. So damn good, Ace's voice is so powerful. Only criticism is I think they could have done without Sunday Drive or Ever So Sweet....seems a little unnecessary.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I went last night in SF and it was fantastic but they didn't play the record in full at all like advertised which left a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Obviously that would be like 22 songs but that's what they originally announced so it was a little bit of a bummer to not hear "This Wasn't Our Plan", "Make a Decision", or "Little Black Heart".

Still a solid show and wow Hidden in Plain View was fantastic. I'm sure you can catch most of it on YouTube my dude.

8. They never said once that they would play the record in full. Also. It is 46 songs. And much of it is not recreatable in a live setting.

irthesteve likes this.
  9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Weird that they cut Make a Decision, I felt like that one translated very well live. Looking at the setlist, it seems they did it in favor of bringing Every Night's Another Story back into the mix which, while understandable, would be disappointing to me if I were attending the CA dates.

I'm not gonna lie and say that I didn't wish they played The Mother and The Mechanic in full, but I also knew it wasn't gonna happen and they def never claimed it would.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea never advertised that not sure why you thought so, it was always song from the mother mechanic path and a short set after

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'll have to find it but it was either on fb or ig that they said it would be played in full.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely never said it

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ace is a powerhouse damn... why doesn't this band get more love? In currents and imbue are both perfect

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I love the early November so much why can't I get into aces solo stuff

disambigujason likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Vinyl expected delivery date: Monday

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this albums fantastic. playing it for the first time in a very long time