Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Early November – “Hit by a Car (In Euphoria)”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Love the song. Ace sounds great.

The production works for the song, and i don't know a ton about music production in general, but does the song sound a little held back to anyone else? I don't know how else to describe it.

CMilliken and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. Yeah, the chorus is pretty thin. Pretty unusual considering Ace’s recordings are typically kinda bass heavy! Loses a lot of punch without it. Love those verses though

4. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

It does seem mixed weird. not poorly-- just weird.. I'm not sure how I'm feeling on the song yet overall, but I'm very excited to hear what comes next.

5. CMilliken

Trusted

Really enjoyed this. This fall is shaping up real nice for music releases.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn.. I don't think I liked that? Maybe it will grow on me with a few more listens.

7. pbueddi

Trusted

Song was okay. Excited to hear more though.

8. serotonin

The Early November
    Preorders are up.

Edit: I have a problem ordering a shirt without knowing the brand at this point. If its Gilden or something I can guarantee I will wear it once and will hate it and never wear it again.

9. ballroomtrance

Regular

I really did not enjoy this. Some awkward sounding versus and the production is really strange. Confident there will be some heaters on this album though. Absolutely loved In Currents and Imbue.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly how I feel.

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I liked the verses, but the chorus is what throws everything off. The cymbals sound really odd, it sounds cluttered and is strangely paced. It sounds like they tried making it overly complicated and the production definitely shows that.

12. cbronder1

Regular

I enjoyed the song. I'm really excited to hear the rest of the album.

13. xburningcoffin

KC

After about 20 listens, I think this song is one of their best. It’s classic early November, awkward chorus and strong verses...anyone who’s turned off after an initial listen, definitely give it some more listens it really grows on you.

Dan O'Neill and cbronder1 like this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I love it actually! Though the production is different, sounds a bit like the last Ace's solo album more likely, but it's awesome

disambigujason likes this.
  15. IbanezRX

Absolutely love the song... though I’m not particularly fond of how much processing and tuning he did with his voice.. Mainly because he doesn’t need it. His voice is stellar without all the garbage on it.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listened a few more times and the song has grown a little on me but I think what’s really holding it back is the production. It sounds like a demo to me and I really hate how the drums sound.

I just hope the rest of the record doesn’t sound like this, production-wise, or else I’ll be super bummed. Gonna put on Imbue on now.

17. The more I’ve listened to it, the more I’m realizing the drums actually really bother me too and I can’t really put my finger on why. I want to say it feels like they’re too low in the mix but it kinda feels like more than that?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Low in the mix for sure but it also sounds like it was recorded as a demo in some garage or something?

19. xburningcoffin

KC

The drums don’t punch like past songs, but I want to hear them try something new. Imbue hit all those Rooms too cold moments I hoped they always would and I’m ready for the next phase. Some of the members have left, am I right? I don’t recall seeing info on that.

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It sounds pretty good to me, just different. I admit most of the latest Ace tunes were bass heavy on production, but maybe this will work as a whole just as well!

21. Romsahelos

This is so true, I bought a NFG shirt on this last tour and it feels like sandpaper on my body after just one wash :(

22. pbueddi

Trusted

I like the Lilac shirt design, but at the same time I don't think I'd ever actually wear it lol.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This has grown on me a lot. It's kind of a messy song, but it feels so earnest.

xburningcoffin likes this.
  24. xburningcoffin

KC

I like my Early November to talk about depression, it feels like 2019 and like 2003 all at once without sounding derivative of their previous work. Their stuff has always had that authenticity I’m always searching for.

disambigujason and aoftbsten like this.
  25. serotonin

I have a mewithoutyou shirt I've been wearing for like six years at this point.

At the last show, I eagerly bought a new shirt.
    Gilden. Wore it once and it was uncomfortable, washed it next and now I don't think I'll wear it again.