Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DuPree Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xkaylinh, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

iirc, i think she said a few months ago that she's gonna do singles instead of an album.

2. Are Sherri and Max just chillin raising their kiddos? I don't think I've heard anything about new Eisley since I saw them live a couple years ago

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah plus a few Kickstarter releases. But mostly I think they just have a big family now and music is tougher. Just my guess though.

4. irthesteve

5 kids, wow

5. biffbybiff

one last ride then it's night night forever

This is true but then she did an instagram poll asking would people prefer singles or an album, and most voted for album, and they decided to work towards release an album. I voted singles at the time haha but because I read an interview where they said they prefer that and it was less pressure. But whatever works for them I will be listening!

6. biffbybiff

one last ride then it's night night forever

Might as well spice (was gonna write spicen but apparently that's not a word) up this thread a bit...

What's everyone's favorite Eisley album? Mine is definitely Currents. I'd prob personally rank them:
    Currents
    The Valley
    Room Noises
    Combinations
    I'm Only Dreaming

I wanted to list my favorite song from each but having a hard time choosing. Louder Than a Lion is my favorite from IOD though. I want to go back and go through the EPs/older/unreleased stuff (including the baby) too. Time for a big listen

Orla likes this.
  7. Honestly, aside from the newest one, I've liked every album more than the one before it. Not to say that I'm Only Dreaming is bad, Currents just hit a sweet spot for me.

Orla likes this.
  8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I just find I miss most of these singles, whereas I would actually purchase an album and invest time in it. I might listen to a single once but because I don’t use streaming services I forget about it. I know I’m the minority there with still buying the music rather than subscribing.

9. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Combinations is my favourite of theirs, but I think Currents is their best work. I like The Valley too, but don’t care for more than a few tracks off Room Noises and I’m Only Dreaming.

10. irthesteve

awakeohsleeper and Orla like this.
  11. Orla

Yeeessssss

irthesteve likes this.
  12. Still no new Eisley? How many kids does Sherri have now?

13. irthesteve Aug 17, 2023
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2023)
    irthesteve

I have little to no interest in Sherri/Eisley at this point, way too put off by her and Max over the last while. Plus the most recent Eisley song was embarrassingly bad

awakeohsleeper, PeacefulOrca and Orla like this.
  14. Orla

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Can’t imagine being married to such a shithead

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. I wasn't up to date on the drama. Oof. I kinda worry for their kids

18. irthesteve

Yeah it's rough....

19. irthesteve

Highly reccomend the new Sucre album, only on bandcamp, it's pretty fucking goooooood

biffbybiff likes this.