Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DuPree Thread

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by xkaylinh, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Eisley - Sherri DuPree-Bemis, Garron DuPree, Weston DuPree
    Perma - Sherri DuPree-Bemis, Max Bemis
    Sucré - Stacy DuPree-King, Darren King, Jeremy Larson
    Rising Fawn - Chauntelle DuPree-D'Agostino, Todd D'Agostino
    Merriment - Christie DuPree, Collin DuPree
    Fortunes - Collin DuPree, Karsyn DuPree

Sherri, Stacy, Chauntelle, Weston, Collin, and Christie are siblings; Garron is their cousin. (Karsyn is Collin's wife.) Stacy and Chauntelle were previously also members of Eisley.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. I honestly didn't know of half these bands thirty minutes ago. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Since Combinations was sort of my entry point, I never really gave Room Noises a fair shot until earlier this week. Still my least favorite album of theirs, but not by much anymore. Some really beautiful moments in there.

3. Sucre is good. Some of the synth--I guess?--feels a bit off. Stacy's vocals are great, though, obviously. I read somewhere that Eisley songs sung by Stacy feel more mystical whereas ones sung by Sherri feel more whimsical. I think Sucre is still a pretty good combination of both, leaning a little more towards mysticism but still very light. I was kind of hoping for more of the "When the Night Comes" sound from Sucre, which is odd because even though that song sounds so mystical, it's actually Sherri sings it.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I suppose a new thread isn't half a bad idea, I'd mostly talk about it in the Eisley threads usually. I listen to all the bands and I'd say my level of enjoyment is

Eisley > Sucre > Merriment > Rising Fawn > Perma

Fortunes dont actually have anything out yet, pretty sure

5. irthesteve

What did you listen to? The full length is pretty cool, but the latest EP is where I really think the band's colors show and it becomes something more unique and special

6. Whatever was on Spotify, so A Minor Bird and Loner.

7. irthesteve

Yeah, I like Loner a lot

8. Merriment sounds too much like early Eisley for where my tastes are currently. Rising Fawn sounds more like what I expected out of Stacy's new project.

Currents > The Valley > Rising Fawn > Combinations = Sucre > Room Noises = Merriment, but really, this is like ranking them from good to great.

irthesteve likes this.
  9. I didn't like Perma. I mean, it's cute as hell, but I guess I'm just not as much of a fan of Max Bemis as I thought. Makes sense, I guess; In Defense of the Genre is the only thing he's done that I really like.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Sucre is my favourite side project. I didn't care for Perma either, but I'm not a fan of Max Bemis at all. I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming Eisley album. I haven't checked out any of the other side projects aside from Christmas songs.

Speaking of which, you can download those Christmas songs here.

11. I want a new Sucré full lenght. And a new one from Jeremy Larson too, I hope he isn't done with his solo career yet.

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

New Sucré song is on streaming and it’s very good

13. irthesteve

Solid track, I hope we get more Sucre soon too!

14. irthesteve

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  15. meggers

Trusted

Sucré and DK the drummer are playing shows in Oklahoma City, Houston, Austin, and Dallas at the end of the month.

16. irthesteve

New Sucre EP on June 1st!!

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Hooray!

18. irthesteve

Three new Sucre songs Friday!!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

New music video coming too:

Wish this was a full length.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Had my first listen this morning. It sounds nice for what it is, which is three songs.

21. irthesteve

It's so bizarre, this album is on a completely different product page from their previous music, here is the EP if anyone can't find it

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Christie DuPree got engaged over the weekend if anyone is interested:

23. irthesteve

Sucre has had a string of really nice singles, I don't think they are leading to an album and I am not sure how much I like the constant singles releases, but most of them have been solid overall so far.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’ve struggled to remember to listen. Wish she’d just release it as an album. But the ones I have heard have been beautiful, as always.

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I would looove another Sucre album. All the singles she’s released this year are great.

irthesteve likes this.