Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Drum Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Moved into my new practice space today and lined the floor with blue Christmas lights because why not

2. Deathco_019

Drummer

That looks so nice!

I brought in my toms to my drum lesson a couple days ago to do a tuning lesson with my teacher. Bought new heads and he got them sounding the best they've ever sounded. My floor tom sounds so deep now.

Meerkat likes this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm interested in hearing what you come up with on this

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Been really into watching Jay Fleetwood videos lately, dude should do session work for bands.

5. DarkHotline

Also, I dabbled with playing drums but I've never gotten very far with it. I can do a punk beat, blast beats, and that's about it.

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I wanna learn how to play blast beats.

7. Meerkat

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  8. As someone who immensely loves the drums but doesn't play and isn't very knowledgeable about the craft, I'll be lurking here ha. Love all the vids shared so far!

9. Meerkat

I actually know one of he guys in tha #LiveToPlay video (Mike). Really cool for him.

Also, hi @Joe!

Joe likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

Start by doing it one footed and build up your speed. I taught myself basically, it's really about maintaining that unison of notes while you do it.

11. Meerkat

People are really pissed about Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Drummers list

12. Not familiar with a lot of those drummers, so I can't really judge it. Personally, I'd put Moon over Bonham, but I'm biased. I absolutely love The Who. Apparently, I need to listen to more of The White Stripes? Nice to see Haake on there.

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

I haven't looked at it, but those kind of lists are really weird to me. Like, it really just comes down to style. I'm betting Travis Barker is on that list. I'm not a fan of him, but I see the appeal.

There's just so many different drummers who obviously do different things. But I like ranking albums from all these different bands so who the fuck am I to talk, haha.

14. DarkHotline

Rolling Stone lists are typically terrible though. I recall their best metal records of the year list for 2015 had Marilyn Manson at the top of the list over much better records.

15. Meerkat

Yeah it's just funny to me to see people so up in arms about Neil Peart not being #1

16. DarkHotline

I love Neil to pieces but I honestly wouldn't put him at the top of the list either.

17. I'm a huge Rush fan, and I'd still put Bonham, Moon, and Max Weinberg above him on a best drummers list. And that's not even starting on the jazz greats.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I haven't played my kit in almost six months. :-/

19. A Drummer's Dream was just added to Netflix. Anyone seen it?

20. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

First time I've heard about it. I'll have to add it to my watch-list.

21. patrickhowell

... Supporter

C&C Player Date II "Big Band" Kit
    14"x24" Kick
    8"x13" Rack
    15"x16" Floor

13"x6" Cherry Stave Snare

24" Zildjian Medium Ride
    21" Zildjian Sweet Ride
    15" New Beat Hi Hats

Tama Hardware

22. Meerkat

patrickhowell likes this.
  23. DarkHotline

Nice kit, C&C always puts out the best kits.

muttley and patrickhowell like this.
  24. Deathco_019

Drummer

Damn that looks so nice

patrickhowell likes this.
  25. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Just recorded me playing with my camera so I could listen to it afterwards and critique, but I can't open it because there isn't enough space on my computer. :anguish: