Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dream Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 9, 2016.

1. I had a dream that I opened at work and got there early before anyone else for whatever reason. Then some randoms walk in and go to the back where I am, one of them has a gun. I stay quiet and just walk away trying to leave the building. I forgot what happens but the dude didn't let me leave so I was stuck in a "lockdown" hiding with other people. I guess he didn't care about having phones out because I dialed 9 1 1 and let them track my location and they showed up and I don't remember what happened after that

2. joe727 Jul 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

During the nap I took yesterday I had the same recurring nightmare I've had since I was a little kid, where i'm in a car that just drove into water. Sometimes it's off a bridge, sometimes it's into a pool, but it always freaks me out. This was the first one i've had in a over a year.

I think it's from being slightly traumatized by all the stories i heard about the 1980 Skyway Bridge disaster when I was young.
    [​IMG]

DontTellMom likes this.

3. My girlfriend has these same dreams. She's terrified while driving on bridges over water, she always rolls the windows to her car down when she does.

joe727 likes this.
  4. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Last night I was eating ice cream in my dream so I had some for breakfast and it was a very bad idea

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I dreamed me and Aubrey Plaza were walking around some kind of park talking about our "relationship". Like how that it couldn't go on or something.

But before that i dreamed I was front row at Warped Tour for Every Time I Die and it was kinda outside my house in by side yard. They only got to play 2 songs because strange technical difficulties. I yelled "play the song that goes "metallica without the drugs!!!". After their set we were in their bus and I apologized to Keith for all the technical difficulties and I told them about Chorus.fm.

Anticitizen7 likes this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Had a dream that I was on 'death row' for a crime that I didn't commit and they let me live normally as a citizen, until one day they came to me and said "it's time".

7. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Dreamt that Hailee Steinfeld was my cousin and we were dating.

8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

[​IMG]

GettingSodas and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I had so many bizarre, unconnected dreams last night. I kept waking up to move around, then it was back into a new dream. It would be nice to remember them but most of it is a blur.

10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

So last night I had a pretty insane, over-the-top disturbing dream that I wanna share mostly so I don't forget it.

I was in the passenger seat of a car with my family and we were driving back home (but it was back to my old house that I moved out of like 10 years ago, most of my dreams occur there which is strange). That house is in a somewhat rural area, and the whole area is a mix of cactus, juniper trees, and pine trees -- kinda like a mountain forest mixed with desert. So we turn onto the road that leads to our house, and the whole road is just covered in disemboweled, mutilated animal carcasses. Dogs, cats, cows, etc. On the side of the road are human dummies that have been speared and propped up. It becomes obvious that that was done in a way that the scene leads to our house. So that was fucked up, but the next part is even weirder. There is one more turn that puts us on the road that leads straight to our driveway, after we turn onto it the dead animals stop and instead are replaced by this road long painting, and the painting is literally just repeated segments of Adam's hand from Michelangelo's Creation of Adam painting. Even in retrospect I have no clue where that came from. Once we get to our house we realize it had been broken into (garage door plus door leading into house from garage were wide open), and that we'd most likely been robbed. I walk towards my room, and the door is shut with a note on it that says "Do Not Enter" on the top and then the rest of the text underneath just says "Nopenopenopenopenopenopenope", but repeated a whole bunch of times. It's interesting cuz in the dream I saw it as a bunch of "Nope"s being repeated but after writing it out I just realized it could also be "open" a bunch of times. Anyways, I open the door, realize my guitar shit had been taken (nothing else), got extremely pissed and woke up. Gonna be pondering this one for a while.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i have dreams about heroin pretty much 4 nights a week. stupid fuckin post acute withdrawal syndrome.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

oh unrelated but last night my power went out in the middle of the night and i kept having dreams that it came back on and every time i woke up it still wasnt on and i was pissed

Raku likes this.
  13. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

[​IMG]

Mr. Serotonin and Jacob like this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Very very dark dream this morning. That's what I get for going back to sleep

15. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Last night I dreamt Tim Allen was my boss and was chewing me out for leaving work early.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had a dream that Jimmy eat world won a Grammy and also that they demolished half of wal mart to put in a target and I'm sad that neither are true.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Liz

Ew, David

I dreamt last night that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were trying to kill me

18. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Any theory on the weird, undefined people we encounter in our dreams? Every once-in-a-while (I rarely have vivid dreams) I'll remember spending time with a person in my dreams, but never someone I know or recognize. I've heard some chalk it up to your brain just subconsciously latching onto a face seen in passing, but I always think "I would have noticed this person." Had a dream about traveling last night but with a friend that I don't know. Always weirder when it's within the context of being with people I DO know and this person just kinda...fits in like they're a normal, everyday person in my life. Just weird.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My father passed about a year and a half ago and a few times a month I have dreams with him in it. It's such a bizarre feeling though, whenever i'm near him in a dream I have this really deep emotional feeling that's like I want to cry but i'm also very happy. It's a very powerful feeling. It always feels like hes speaking to me from above in my dreams. Just happened last night again.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. sleepy

pale earnhardt jr.

Growing up I had drowning dreams and dreams where loved ones would unexpectedly die all the time.

Now I mainly have dreams that are like... deja vu of super reminisce life shit like a convo i'll have with my girl or random mid-errand running type stuff lol.

21. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i don't remember my dreams often but last week i had a dream that my phone number got switched with nicholas cages' number. i just remember getting really irritated because people kept calling me asking if i wanted to steal the declaration of independence. thats all i remember from the dream ha.

22. Raku

Regular

I had a dream that I was somehow bitten multiple times by a dangerous snake, and I had to behead it to create a cure before the venom took effect... Of course I woke up before a cure was even made, so that freaked me out a bit waking up. The funny thing is that I'm not even afraid of snakes, let alone worried being worried about bitten XD

Fun fact about my dream snake: The snake in my dream doesn't die if you leave behind its body because it can eventually regenerate a new head later on. Which was strange, but an interesting factoid in my dream.

23. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Earlier in the week I had two dreams that I vividly remembered from the same night (very rare for me to even remember one)

Dream 1: (Set Up: My room is a two car garage with a back door into my backyard) Someone knocked on my door in the middle of the night and had a boat in my yard and wanted to sell it to me, I then take out the money from an ATM that is where my bed stand usually is. and give him the money, he then tells me he is also selling me all the crap on his boat (fishing supplies, clams, ect) for 19 cents for each individual piece (my mind never gave me a total for this, kinda wish it did.) Included in that was apparently two pitchers of home made beer that was delicious.

Then My GF woke me up getting ready for her day, and I fall back asleep

Dream 2: Hanging with my family in my front yard. for some reason I am the only one outside of the fence at the end of my drive way. My dog (Yellow Lab) decides to jump the fence and run to me. I see some cars are coming so I get ready to grab her but shes strong and really excited for some reason. I manage to hold her while the first car passes but she escapes and the second one slams into her and sends her flying to the next house over. Some how she is able to get up and run back to me.

I immediately wake up when she gets to me, sweating profusely, and in a panic. Honestly, probably the worst dream I ever had.

Edit: I'm supposed to be working but instead I typed that up. Is it time to go home yet???

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have had dreams I remember lately. One was that I got amazing seats for Radiohead and when I woke up I was like oh. The one last night was weird. I had a dream they were doing like an X Factors All Stars season and One Direction were on and really wanted me to sing and replace Zayn even tho I was like wut I don't even know how to sing?? So they went on without me and Louis sang really bad and I was like oh I prob could've done it. But I was thinking what if I get up there and dance worse than Taylor Swift and my life is a lie??

It sounds like a dream fanfic except in the dream I was Harry's SISTER! There has to be some weird underlying thing going on there lol. At least in the dream my name was different so maybe that makes it so it wasn't me? Idk idk. A One Direction song came on before I went to sleep so I'm blaming it on that.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

in my dream last night Paramore was covering All These Things That I've Done by The Killers

Aaron Mook likes this.