Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dream Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Raku

Regular

So I had a really weird dream.

I dreamt that I was friends with Rigby and Mordecai from Regular Show the only difference being that they no longer worked at the park, but they were still roommates at an apartment. Although strangely enough I worked at the park (although unlike those two I had my own apartment), but the funny thing is Benson doesn't seem to approve of our friendship. Anyway, I was at their apartment when Benson somehow found out I was hanging out with them and (again he) didn't approve of my friendship with them. I ended up having to remove them from my contacts, but I still hung out with them for the time I was there. Then I went to Mordecai's bathroom before I left. When I got home I started to turn into a blue jay (like Mordecai), and I was freaking out. Apparently I took something I wasn't supposed to in Mordecai's bathroom (I assume it was aspirin, or maybe weird candy (I don't know because my brain skipped this part)). However because of Benson being controlling I had to find Mordecai's phone number again. Looking through my apartment I found (I don't know know what they were because it was weird video game logic with me reading, and the characters talking) "pen pal" (?) letters (or written exchanges) between me, and Margret (No, I don't remember any of the fine details in those letters). I found the number, and had to tell Mordecai where I was (apparently he, and Rigby never came to my place before?), but I was very hesitant for him to (also) bring Rigby over (because I figured he would be immature about the situation). Right away he comes knocking on my door and...

Then it changes to another weird/creepy dream having to do with my family (which I'm not sure I even want to tell here). I will say this though about the private dream, it was a very haunting dream with a doll (possibly possessed) behind me that (moved on its own) liked to shoot water into a bottle to the left of it (my right), and a music box in drawer that wouldn't stop going off ( the first time I was dumb enough to set it off once, but every time the drawer opened I would try closing it (and every time the drawer opened the music box would be set off). Finally after much frustration I took the music box out of the drawer and hid it under a bunch of pillows to silence the music box until it stopped making sounds).

Back to the first dream, the funny thing about that is that it's been at least a year since I last watched that cartoon. I don't know how that got into my head (and yes I'm aware of Mordecai's VA/show creator's college animation, I've seen that at least 10 times in the past (so I'm aware of the similarities between my dream and his student animation)).

2. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Anyone have experience with melatonin?

3. Liz

Ew, David

I keep a dream journal which is fun to go back and read after a while.

Does anyone have sleep paralysis with hallucinations? I've been experiencing that for the past two years and it's pretty terrifying.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I had a dream last night that I was in Family Guy and they were appropriating black culture, I think Meg said the n word

muttley likes this.
  5. muttley

I had one recently where I was at a festival or something of the like. This monorail/train thing was going by and there were two people walking near the tracks. There was something hanging from the train and it scalped one of the people. Made the horrifying Velcro sound and everything. The dream kept going, which was weird. You'd think something awful like that would be the part where you wake up.

6. muttley

7. Many times, yes. It's horrible. Luckily it's been a while since the last time -- probably a year or longer.

8. I'm terrified of flying and am thinking of trying this the next time I have to get on a plane haha

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I tend to read celeb/pop culture stuff at night and then turn on Netflix before I fall asleep so celebs are often in my dreams. Makes me feel like a weirdo. Once I had one where I was in Taylor Swift's squad, but I was in like her d-list squad that she didn't care about and just used for publicity. I found out we were the reject squad and I got mad and in the dream she was really controlling and manipulative and mean and I was like "I'M GOING TO TELL THE INTERNET ABOUT THIS! I WILL EXPOSE HER!!!" and then I woke up lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Kiana

I have been having stressful dreams the past few days. One, I thought I'd fail a class for forgetting to turn in assignments. The other, I thought I'd be fired from work for forgetting to call in. Most recent one during my nap today was about my Vegas trip in June. I was trying to drive to the airport but I couldn't control the car and I knew I wouldn't make my flight on time. Being stressed irl and in my dreams is no fun.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Almost 100% of my dreams are about either being naked in public/embarrassing situations or forgetting really important things

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. @FTank Yikes lmao I had a dream during finals that a professor stole my boxers and pants right before a final and I had to run around the building it was in while covering my junk up. It was wholly uncomfortable but entertaining to say the least

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahaha yeah that's the same as mine, except mine doesn't have the thievery. Lol

It sucks too because it always feels so real at the time

14. Raku

Regular

I had a couple dreams where I would fail a class for not showing up.

Also the dreams where I'm back in high school, and I lost my schedule so I end up not knowing what classes to go to or where the classes are XD

15. Liz

Ew, David

16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Having lots of dreams where I'm traveling places. Really quite lovely, to be honest. Despite my issues with sleep paralysis I rarely have nightmares and most of my dreams are actually really nice.

17. I had a dream that I was at this antique/thrift like store or whatever with my cousin. I saw this bird cage decoration thing with that I wanted to purchase but it was like $50 and I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much. My cousin said it reminds her of something our grandma use to have and I told her I thought the same thing. (Our grandma had passed away about 10ish years ago). I don't ever think I had a dream like this before. I heard something before about if someone has died and they're in your dream they're visiting you. Maybe she was trying to visit me? It was a really random dream and no realation to anything that happened in the day, previous days or upcoming days

muttley likes this.
  18. muttley

I was at a gas station and I accidentally put diesel in my car. Then I looked on the ground and saw an absurd amount of change. Like 10 bucks worth of weird quarters, old coins, half dollars, etc.

@neptune It's really weird how stuff like that seems to come out of nowhere.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Dreams are extremely fascinating.

20. Raku

Regular

I had a dream I invited an old friend to my haunted house, and I was ordering the ghost around telling it to turn on lights and stuff. At one point I was bragging how awesome it was saying if I wanted I could have the spirit turn on the heat if I wanted it to then as soon as I said that I looked in the directions of where I assumed the ghost was and was like "No, don't do that" and then I continued talking to said friend.

Weird stuff because honestly I'm afraid of ghosts. I wouldn't dare talk to a spirit like that in real life (if I actually ran into one...) Although I feel like I might have been a bit inspired by GotG because I was watching old clips on youtube, and one of them was the prison scene where Rocket's like "And then we need someone to pull out such and such thing... However make sure it is the last thing we pull because the alarms will go off *groot pulls it out* or we can just pull it out first an improvise!"

21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Been dreaming about girls a lot. Had one about my ex which was weird. Another about some girl from high school and now one about the current girl I'm talking to. 90% of the time I only interact with family members in dreams, so it's interesting.

22. Kiana

I had a dream a big lizard was crawling on the walls. Like a big monitor lizard or something. I was in bed and out of the corner of my eye I saw it crawl behind my head and lay right by my head, but I was laying on my side and couldn't see it. I could just feel it and I swore I felt it! I felt a pressure on that side and heard like a low sound in it's throat. I tried to speak or move a lil to scare it away but I couldn't. I thought maybe my throw pillow had slid by me and was by my head to account for the pressure but when I finally turned around there was nothing near my head. It felt like sleep paralysis but I've never had it with lizards! I think it weirded me out cause I felt awake the whole time and I don't remember transitioning from sleep

23. I've been having more realistic/disturbing nightmares as of late and I'm not sure why :worried:

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Jude Law

You don't fucking scare me! I fuck you!

i had a dream i was asleep and this dude was asleep next to me. somebody was knocking on the door really loud and it woke me up. i woke up the guy next to me and told him to go open the door but he was like... no, you go. so i went to open the door and some weird demon thing attacked me and i was covered in blood and i went back to bed like nothing happened and he didn't even bother checking on me that PIECE OF SHIT.

muttley and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  25. muttley

Had a weird one where I was in a mall or something and there was a crazy dude in there trying to take everyone out. Still never felt like a nightmare - just weird and creepy.

Then I was at some work training thing at my old job and they told us Drake would be performing at the event. So many weird things.