Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dream Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Has anyone ever had a dream that you wake up as yourself as a child and discover that all your life since then was a dream

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. I'm currently working on a a comedy bit about dreams haha. I have fairly vivid dreams that I usually remember, which I love. I'll have to start documenting them in here!

3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I haven't been remembering/having them lately. Still not sure what was causing so many in the first place.

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

If only :tear:

muttley likes this.
  5. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I used to have a recurring dream about all of my teeth falling out, which is apparently common, but for me it'd end with my head collapsing in on itself.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  6. muttley

@Dean Stay awake next time when your head caves. Maybe it'll form a black hole and thrust you into another dimension.

I had a dream my car overheated somewhere. Totally not exciting.

7. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

I used to have nightmares that if i wore anything on my feet to bed - like socks or especially slippers - in the morning i would wake up to find the skin on my feet completely crisped, and I would pull one at one of the toes and my skin would just slide of my feet, leaving behind the muscles and tendons.

8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so happy I found this thread!

For the last 4 years all my dreams have been generally reoccurring. They all take place within the same universe and there is a thin line of continuity. Every single night and every single dream. They all take place at various locations within the same "city" but most often it happens at my high school, a waterpark/beach house/hotel, and/ or a blended version of the downtown of all the different places I've lived. There is a regular cast for every dream that come and go depending on the situation. The situations are often reoccurring also.

A lot of times my teeth fall out or I have a retainer/braces that don't fit right, or something insanely profound happens where I wake up feeling very weird all day. It can get dark and weird at times (crying and death) and it can be super fun and amazing at times (I can usually fly and waterparks are awesome).

It is so weird and has been a big thing in my life but I know most people hate talking about dreams so I never really bring it up.

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Had a dream that Tom Cruise died because somebody vandalized his Wikipedia entry. It was up to me to fix the page and bring him back.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I have the retainer thing happen to me a lot in dreams. Apparently all the teeth related stuff means you're stressed?

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I have some pretty fucked up dreams. I had a funny one recently where a hot dude came into the restaurant where I work and asked me out. Then, feeling full of confidence I decided to stand up to my asshole boss. But then my boss fired me and the dude who asked me out turned out to be possessed by satan. It's probably symbolic or some shit.

thenewmatthewperry and muttley like this.
  12. muttley

I'd like to have a lucid dream soon. I'm still dreaming most nights so it's about time I took control of one. I never realize I'm dreaming, though.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Does anyone have dreams while they nap? I strictly dream during REM sleep only. My fiancé has nightmares all the time during naps, but I don't think I have ever dreamt during a nap before.

14. I definitely dream during naps, and I nap frequently. Unfortunately, my dreams just haven't been as vivid lately :-/

15. Had a dream last night that podcast host Merlin Mann sold me a shitty old car, and color of the car was advertised as "AbsolutePunk red." I think I spent too much time here before bed.

16. muttley

I'm not certain, but I think I started a lucid dream right before waking up today. I remembered to do a reality check and I think the excitement from that immediately woke me up. Still a little unsure because it all happened really fast. Looking forward to sleeping tonight haha.

17. muttley

Pretty sure (again) I had a lucid dream last night. I must have woke up and fell back asleep at some point because it seemed like two separate dreams. I know I wasn't in control for long, but it's a start.

18. I had a dream last night that I was hiking a really cool canyon. It was p sweet

Sorry for getting real weird like 2 pages into the thread but FUCK sleep paralysis

muttley likes this.
  19. muttley

I'm still thankful I've never woken up (I question that grammar) during sleep paralysis.

20. Had two vivid dreams this past week that were strange to say the least, one being slightly humorous and the other being a nightmare that I'm currently using as inspiration for a short film script in my Screenwriting class:

- I was getting ready to leave for the tour from my house this Summer and I hopped into the van with the rest of the band. I brought about half of a case of beer with me (Miller Lite, not that it matters) and for some reason, there was this 10-year-old boy in the driver's seat who yelled at me and demanded I get out of the van. It was almost like he was bullying me. He took each individual can and chucked it into the neighboring yard (where I suddenly realized he lived) and the band members started yelling at me to tell his dad. He got really worried and I told him to retrieve each unexploded can one at a time and bring them to me if he didn't want me to tell his dad, but his mom heard the commotion and came out of the house. I told her what was going on and the kid's dad suddenly arrived home too, just plastered, looking to pick a fight, when the mom told him to let it go and get inside.

- It was a Summer day and my buddy Roman stopped over at the house. We walked up the road to visit my other friend, Isaac, when there was a sudden explosion in the distance. Isaac's house went up in flames and we convinced him to run back to my house rather than running back in to check on his family. Back at my place, we realized my dad was doing yard work when everything happened and we start looking for him everywhere. Our friend Grace checks to see if he's inside the house when this disturbingly tall, fit, emotionless humanoid (its face kind of resembled an Easter Island head) appears at the screen door and rip through it, trying to pull her inside.

Raku and muttley like this.
  21. muttley

That second one sounds freaky to say the least.

Reminds me of one I had where I was outside an apartment I used to live in and this bus full of people sped by, then I heard an explosion and saw the smoke plume rise over the bushes next to me. It was startling enough for me to remember it years later.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Yeah, I don't have nightmares often but this one startled me enough to keep me from going back to sleep that morning. At least it led to a script idea haha

23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Always liked the dream threads. This one is interesting enough for me to remember, mostly because my brain was actually doing some weird logic in the background while I was dreaming. So I was at some table playing a game with people I don't think I know. Now, in retrospect, the game didn't really make any sense, but here was the idea in the dream: You're given a clue towards a phrase which includes the number of letters in the phrase and the category of the phrase (kinda like wheel of fortune except it didn't actually underline where the letters go and where the spaces go). After that, you're given a number of dice equal to the number of letters. This is the part that didn't make sense -- somehow by arranging those dice in a certain way you were supposed to be able guess the phrase? Anyways, it was my turn, my clue was 12 letters and the category was needs. Almost immediately I thought "Angel of Death works!" (the category doesn't really fit but whatever). After that I toyed with dice for a bit and gave up realizing the game makes no fucking sense haha. I didn't count the letters in the dream but I did remember thinking of that phrase. After I woke up I counted and realized the number of letters actually works so that was kinda cool. I didn't consciously count them but my brain did in the background or something. Dreams are fuckin weird.

trevorshmevor and Raku like this.
  24. Raku

Regular

Sounds like an interesting game you could invent there ;)

I wonder if that's how some of the board games we have now were created?

25. muttley

I was in a bus (of course after my last post haha) and the driver must have been driving in circles because the bus was airborne a couple times like we hit the same steep hill 3 times. Last time we went over it, the driver lost control and we started rolling. Turned the interior into a giant blender of people.