Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dream Thread • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GettingSodas, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Damn. That would’ve been cool.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. Lucas27

Trusted

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. Carmen SD

Trusted

He doesnt even have my address so that would be kinda creepy

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Lol I was mostly joking cause that would’ve been wild that you’re dream became a reality, and not in a metaphorical way :crylaugh:

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I had a dream about my estranged friend again last night, this is the third time in a month. I think it just feels worse because we never fought, just kind of stopped talking, and it doesn't make sense and I feel like she doesn't care. And I am a bit of a coward and am scared of rejection again because the last time I reached out she didn't care. So I just keep having these dreams where she's in them and it feels like my subconscious trying to figure it all out but the reality is I just need to reach out and tell her how I feel and that I miss her.

6. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

Once I dreamed some guy on Twitter was role playing as Dobby and he made a post that went "Harry Potter is very grouchy, that means there will be no cock and ball tourture for Dobby. Dobby 'bout to dip" and I laughed my ass off and got sad even when I worked up and realized it wasn't real. That is how much the internet has ruined my subconscious.

Raku likes this.
  7. Raku

Regular

Oh I've had internet dreams before... Don't remember any of the songs, but I remember listening to never released before blink-182 songs (both demos and songs that didn't make albums) on like a site that functions like bandcamp/soundcloud.

SuperCoolFool likes this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Does anyone else get dreams about being late? I always get the late to the hockey rink dream where I can't even put my pads on while everyone's playing the game. Could be symbolic?

This week I had a dream about arriving late to an exam I was supposed to write the following day.

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had a dream that I was like... In the episode of Roseanne where Roseanne realizes DJ is being racist and consequently that she is racist, and I interrupted the episode to yell "TELL THIS ALL TO FUTURE RACIST ROSEANNE AND SAVE US FROM 2016!"

Super weird cause I haven't watched Roseanne in a long time lol

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Two separate dreams I had last night

I was in a burning room and my life was flashing before my eyes like a movie because I had an unrelated concussion and was in a coma

I was at a Hanson concert and they covered Old Town Road

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I had a dream I was driving up to Santa Barbara and I passed this steak house. I think it was literally called Santa Barbara Steakhouse and it had this wooden sign with a bull on engraved in it. I decided to stop and eat there because I remembered it was a really famous steakhouse and I figured I'd spoil myself (keep in mind this steakhouse does not exist lol). I was seated at a booth and had a really rude/sassy waiter who almost had this attitude like I didn't belong there. He hands me the menu and I don't really know what to order but I know they're famous for their ribeye so I get that, medium rare, and then he shows me this graph that's on the menu with some wording above basically explaining you can choose how long your steak was in the sun - they place their steaks in the sunlight periodically, at varying amounts, and the graph basically shows how the number of hours in the sun correlates to tenderness. 4 hours in the sun was the maximum for tenderness so I chose that. So I'm literally just waiting for my steak for what felt like 30 min in this dream and then a different waiter seats a group of complete strangers at my booth, two on my side three on the other, and I'm like uhhh wtf this is weird so I lie and say I'm waiting for a friend and he apologizes and moves the group. I never get my steak by I get the check for 60 something dollars and I tip and leave.

I do not suggest sun aging steak that sounds like a terrible idea.

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

The other night I also had a dream that I was standing on the corner of an intersection in a city, and all the signs and building numbers said 877, and there was a song playing through some invisible loud speaker that was singing 877 over and over again. Last night the last four numbers of my card were 5777. Idk wtf any of that means.

I just looked it up and 877 happens to be prime so that's kinda weird.

13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

ugh I had a dream I was in high school again and there was an active shooter and everyone was trying to run. this country sucks.

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had sleep paralysis for the first time in a while last night. But unlike prior experiences nothing like objectively terrifying was happening but it still feel creepy at the time

I was in my childhood house sleeping in my mom's bed (she wasn't there). I woke up and it was pitch black. I'm scared of the dark but I couldn't move to turn a light on. I tried to use my phone as a flashlight but it took a while to work. I could def feel a heavy presence but didn't see anything. But I knew once I moved I had to do it quickly. Finally I was able to get up and turn on a lamp but it didn't work. I found another lamp close by and that one worked. Then I "woke up" in my current bedroom, still couldn't move, but then it gradually turned back into my mom's room in our old house again. And like the same thing happened again. Except this time my phone wasn't working at all. It was lit up black but wasn't loading. But the same thing happened with being unable to move and the first lamp not working.

I notice a lot of my bad dreams take place in that specific house. I'm like semi convinced it has bad juju. I get upset driving past it now and wouldn't want to ever enter it now, despite nothing like that bad ever happening there. Maybe kid me knew something adult me doesn't remember!!

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

I hate having dreams about my ex. I always wake up in tears.

16. Carmen SD

Trusted

Once again I had another dream, but I don't really remember what it was about. All I remember was waking up at 2:30am in tears

17. So it's been three years since I dropped out of college, and I keep having these mildly anxious dreams (at least three times a week) about being a student again. Nothing really special happens, except that some former friends or an ex might show up but then the constant is I suddenly realize I've got exams coming up the day or the week after, and for which I've done zero preparation. Will the suffering ever end? I feel like I'm being haunted when I just want to sleep in peace smh

trevorshmevor and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  18. Carmen SD

Trusted

I had a dream that I went to the bank to deposit my paycheck, but at a different location than I usually go to. I had realized I forgot to put on my mask and tried to cover my face with my sweatshirt. The un-masked teller was yelling at my that I had to put on a mask. Despite the fact that there’s also those shields in front as well. I told him I forgot it in the car but I usually have it on. The teller wouldn’t deposit my check so I asked for the bank a manager while trying to get a picture of him to show corporate and make a complaint. The un-masked bank manager was also giving me trouble. I made a fuss how they can’t tell other people to put on a mask when they themselves aren’t wearing any, and how I usually have one on and I completely understand, but I was making the effort to cover my face. I think eventually they deposit my check and that was the end of it

19. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Man I swore this thread had more recent activity.

Anyway, I had my 2nd dream about Hayley Williams last night. Both dreams involved me and her hanging out/dating. Nothing sleazy.

Last night I'm fuzzy on now, but we were riding down the road in something, and it was rainy. I knew she was the lead singer of Paramore and was famous, but I talked to her and asked her to go somewhere with me and she wanted to go. And she wanted to to keep hanging out with me after ward. More happened, but I cant recall it now.

The other one was probably 2-3 years ago. It was night time and I went to visit her at her parents house in Tennessee. I drove down some dirt roads and came to the fenced in house with a nice large yard all around with a house or two in the distance fields. We ending up sitting on the couch together in a nice, "rich person" style dimly lit living area. I think her mom was in the kitchen. We were happy hanging out together. (I guess her parents house is in TN since she grew up there)

This time and, I think, last time I woke up with that fresh new "young love" feeling that you get dating someone new and you're crushing hard and everything is right. Then that faded away lol. I'm a married man, but Hayley has always been like that celeb crush I.

20. This still happens on the regular, I think my brain is telling me something.

21. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

(pre-face: The house I live in currently is the house I grew up in which I was in for around 22 years growing up, then moved out, then again in that house for the last 11 years. My mom and dad have both passed)

I dreamed that had me hanging out in my house with another girl. An old small, brief crush of mine from like 12 years ago in which we only hung out like once and I have not interacted or seen anything from her in prob 10 years. We were in the living room on the couch with the overhead lights on(In real life I don't like just the overhead lights on, but to use just the lamp lights). We cuddled a bit and kissed on the lips once quickly. From there my mom called me from down the hall. I look down the hall and I see dad(which passed away from lou Gerigs disease/ALS 12 years ago) was making his way into their bedroom and he had on just his old tightie whitie underwear. His skin was saggy and he was like, trotting very slowly?? Which was odd to see because he couldn't move well at all as he deteriorated with ALS later in life, and then he's trotting. Then, mom was right there down the hall in their bedroom but I noticed her right arm was amputated below the elbow. It was wrapped in a clear small plastic garbage bag. The nub was extremely bloody and dripping down into the bottom of the bag. I said "mom! Your arm". She said, "oh yeah I just had a small procedure today".

-----------

Strange I've had a couple of weird cuddle dreams with old crushes recently. IDK what that means. But I did have a more sexual dream with my actual wife a few months ago. :shrug:

22. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve seen tik toks where people ask a dream person what day and time it is, and they never get an answer except for something like “we don’t ask that here”. Well, either I dreamed that that happened or i actually asked that in the dream. And yes not only did the dream persons facial expression change, but the whole tone and they kicked me out of the dream. It was weird and terrifying

Crisp X and trevorshmevor like this.