Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dragon Prince (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dodger, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Dodger Feb 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

[​IMG]
    "Welcome to the fantastical realm of The Dragon Prince Wiki, a place dedicated to the Netflix Original animated series The Dragon Prince, which aired on September 14, 2018. The show tells the story of two human princes who forge an unlikely bond with the elfin assassin sent to kill them, embarking on an epic quest to bring peace to their warring lands."

I really liked season 1, but after finishing season 2 Im starting to love it. Love the characters. An extremely rich mythology which effectively blends many different ingredients of the fantasy genre and presents them in a way that feels fresh. My favorite aspect though is that even though I think its more aimed towards a younger audience, it doesnt write down to kids like they are idiots. It trusts them and challenges them. The show has a lot of comedy geared towards kids, but also is balanced by heavy moments of harsh reality, educational themes, and philosophical aspects that I even had to pause and think about.

The Hero's Journey story and familiar archetypes are there in full force but also subverts them in clever ways. The writing of the main villain and our two other antagonists in Claudia and Soren are another impressive element. They aren't just a mustache twirling villain and one-note goons. They are written like humans and 3-D characters. Especially with the siblings theres nuance to their emotions, temptations, and presents them in ways that make you love them one moment and dislike them the next.

I'm really enjoying the story as well. Ezran's choice at the end of season 2 really took me by surprise and gave me the feels. Im so intrigued on where this story goes especially from where we leave off. Im really hoping we get more Queen Aanya and hope she becomes a more important character because she's so bad ass and the episode she was featured in was incredible. Also possibly the first time Ive seen an overtly gay couple in the fantasy genre and in something animated, so thats pretty awesome.

For those who havent watched it and are into fantasy, I highly recommend!

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I didn't realize season 2 was out! I'll have to watch that with my daughter once we finish She-Ra. We both really liked season 1

Dodger likes this.
  3. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Just came out Friday!

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

She-Ra is amazing, need to check out the dragon prince

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I really enjoy this show. Sure, it's for kids and I'm a 33 year old guy but it's just got such great world-building. I find it genuinely funny at parts ("One simply walks into Xadia") and incredibly heartfelt. Such an amazing, inclusive show that I genuinely enjoy. Can't wait for Season 3.

Dodger and ChaseTx like this.
  6. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Holy hell what a season. Just wow. Anyone watching?

7. GBlades

Trusted

Forgot this was back, that's my Saturday sorted!

8. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Very excited for the new season on Friday.

9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

They released the first episode this past Friday on YouTube if you haven’t checked it out.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  10. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Omg thank you for letting me know!

Nyquist likes this.