Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Documentary Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DarkHotline, Apr 26, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Has anyone here watched the 1970 Woodstock documentary?

2. Kuri44

Been watching/catching up on a lot of documentaries/performances since the new year began. Loved loved loved Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind. Gilbert was great as well. Also watched The Beatles: Eight Days A Week, Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten, and LCD’s Shut Up and Play The Hits (which was pretty funny given that they’re back together. Especially the ending showing the kid in tears.)

Others on the list (please let me know if any of these are not worth checking out, and any recommendations are welcome:

Taylor Swift Reputation Tour
    Michael Jackson’s This Is It
    Avicii doc on Netflix
    Jim and Andy (should I watch Man on Moon first?)
    Gaga Five foot two

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It would be a good idea to see the movie first if you haven't. This way you have the context of Carrey playing Kaufman and how the movie ended up turning out.

Also if you're into music/show biz docs, some recs off the top of my head: Searching For Sugarman, 20 Feet From Stardom, A Band Called Death, Sound City

Kuri44 likes this.
  4. riotspray Jan 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

What are the forerunners for best doc this year at the Oscars? I'm sure Three Identical Strangers, Won't You Be My Neighbor and They Shall Not Grow Old will be nominated, what else?

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I also liked the Whitney doc, maybe RBG?

riotspray likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

RBG is a good call. I kinda forgot about the Whitney doc. Maybe Minding the Gap?