Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cwhit, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

in baltimore for one night and ate dinner at a place called joe benny's in little italy. was soooo good.

@cwhit i know we said we'd chill when i was here but i ended up bringing my wife with me on this trip so yeah haha. next time brother.

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

wow fuk u tacos

3. cwhit

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i no im a bad man

5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

visited this last weekend and stayed a block away from where the 8 people (including a 3 year old) got shot, but other than that it was aight.

6. cwhit

where in the city?

7. angel paste

it was like north of Mount Vernon I think?

8. cwhit

ahhh yeah probably between mt vernon and charles village, i'm down in mt vernon. used to be next to hopkins in CV, i like mt vernon a lot

9. angel paste

yeah it was right on Greenmount Cemetery. Mt Vernon was pretty cool, I didn't really get to check it out too much other than my friends house. a lot of people asked me for money but not in the NYC way where I can just keep walking but in the way where I gotta be like "I'm too broke, sorry :- ("

If I move there I think I'd move closer to fells point, but still haven't really decided anything.

10. cwhit

fells is really really nice, that's almost where i moved, found some nice places by there and canton but there was always one little thing apartment oriented that kept me from choosing those places over the one that i ended up in, just a bunch of really nice restaurants and stuff around there. would recommend

11. angel paste

yeah definitely thinking about it because it's still relatively super cheap compared to NYC, I'm trying to get my roommates interested. How is the music scene around there? I really need to start playing music seriously

12. cwhit

I'm not a particular fan of the music scene as a whole because there aren't that many small spaces that accept emo/punk stuff like that and the ones that are are a bit troubling. not to say there isn't cool local music, just not so much that is really what i'm passionate about. lots of cool experimental stuff going on, and a decent metal scene as well. touring shows are okay here, probably like 75% of the good shows end up in DC though.

i know @Randall Mentzos would know more about playing music in baltimore than i would, the local scene seems pretty tight knit and definitely within certain genres/scenes

13. angel paste

hmmm interesting. There are a lot of emo/punk places in nyc but they are super clique-y and shallow.

14. cwhit

i mean you won't get a better music scene than NYC, philly is the next step down, it's where i hope to go for grad school in a few years

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Ottobar, Charm City Art Space (if that's still a thing), and a few others are good for a smaller crustier punk scene.

16. angel paste

really don't like the current music scene in nyc haha

17. cwhit

CCAS died a while ago sadly. ottobar is too big for DIY stuff

18. angel paste

I got kicked out of Ottobar because my friend is an idiot

19. angel paste

lol