Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cwhit, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

There's a solid chance I'll be there.

2. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Cool. I'm hoping it doesn't sell out so I can just buy them at the door.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

killer weekend for DC shows

4. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone going to the Murder By Death show at the 9:30 Club tonight? I wasn't sure for awhile, but it's not sold out and my friend is going so I'm gonna try to make it.

5. cwhit

just bought tickets for pup, pity sex, beach slang, and mitski yesterday. few others i want to buy but those were the must buys before they sell out

6. Ellicott City born and raised. So many good shows coming up in the Balt/DC area in the next few months.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Gonna be in DC for like 48 hours next week while my friend attends some RN Rally at the Capitol. Any cool/unique places downtown we should check out for lunch/dinner?

Hoping to finally make it to the National Gallery while she's at the rally. One of the few places along the mall I've yet to make it to.

MattLikesSsips likes this.
  8. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Founding Farmers is good, near foggy bottom. They have my favorite drink: The Bone. Whiskey, Tabasco, and lime juice with a bacon garnish. Graffito is owned by Mike Isabella. Also good. Is behind the Verizon center. Or Ted's Bulletin. Boozy milkshakes and in house made pop tarts.

Garrett L. likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Just gonna pop in here to say I was born in Silver Spring and lived in Bowie, but haven't lived there in sixteen years

10. cwhit

damn really? so weird, haha. basically my hood

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha yep. Still have a bunch of family there too.

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I have two tickets to the O's game this Sunday (vs. Detroit) if anyone is interested, will sell them for face value ($24/ea.).

13. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

curious what you all think - DC or Baltimore venues, which do you prefer?

just moved to Virginia and a little sad about leaving Baltimore

14. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

930 is hard to beat. Jammin Java is pretty sweet too

arewhyayein likes this.
  15. I'll always love 9:30 but I think Ram's Head has surpassed it for me. A little more spacious and more convenient to get to. Baltimore Soundstage is also pretty nice for a smaller venue. I might be a bit biased because I live closer to Baltimore.

16. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't like Soundstage for awhile but so many shows go there that I'm used to it and know which spots have the best sightlines now. I prefer Rams Head over it, though.

The Black Cat is my favorite DC venue but I like the 9:30 Club too, granted I haven't been there in over a year. Feel like every show goes to Baltimore or The Fillmore now.Think the last DC show I went to was at the Howard Theater to see Silverstein.

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I just don't like the parking at the Baltimore venues within Power Plant. I prefer Ottobar over Black Cat.

18. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

So, I was on wikipedia looking at Rage Against the Machine tour dates and they played in Glen Burnie? Wtf is MIchael's on 8th Ave? It apparently still exists

19. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Bringing this back to back to post that Columbia, MD was Time Magazine/ Money #1 place to live in their top 50 places to live in the US.

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That's crazy to me.

21. Vox Populi

Born and raised in Columbia! Really nice area to live, but outrageously expensive.

22. cwhit

lol welp

i don't like this area at all. super nice suburban area but i can't stand it lol

johnnyutes and Vox Populi like this.
  23. Vox Populi

Hah. It definitely doesn't get more suburban then Columbia. A lot of good and some bad come with that.

24. cwhit

i'm from potomac
    yeah

25. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

thinking about movin 2 blt more
    should I