Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cwhit, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Heh, small world. That's where I am, haha.

2. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

For the Baltimore folks, where do you live? I just recently moved to Mt. Washington and I hate it. I'd like to move back down to Greenmount and 25th.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I'm in Charles village, St. Paul and 32nd. Right next to campus.

4. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you go to Liam's at all? It is near North Avenue and Charles street? I go there from time to time to spend time with my friends.

5. cwhit

Haven't yet: I'll look it up. Haven't met that many people here yet so my Baltimore social life is very lacking, heh.

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Which suburbs? I have resided in Alexandria since Day 1 of my life.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Not appreciating all the DC hate in here, haha. Certain elements suck, like the fact there are so many transplants that there are ton of opposing fans at sporting events, and METRO is a god-awful death trap, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the city.

8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

For all the B-more, folks, I take it you have been/go to Paper Moon somewhat near The Ottobar?

tommymcphail likes this.
  9. cwhit

potomac, maryland. i'm actually one of the real housewives
    alexandria is cool though, shows at the lab were always fun to go to

dc bothers me because it's pretty much the encapsulation of millenial snobby brunch culture, haha.

jkauf likes this.
  10. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I went to the Paper Moon a couple of times. I'm not a fan of their pancakes. There is an excellent restaurant around the corner I frequent named "Sweet 27". I love that place.

tommymcphail and jkauf like this.
  11. cwhit

that's literally a ten minute walk from me, haha. i was at the ottobar last night for the andy hull/casey crescenzo show.
    almost went on a date there last week, apparently the food is solid but not amazing, but the atmosphere of the place is real nice

12. cwhit

we have a gluten free person in the lab i work at, and we got gluten free cupcakes from there. so good.
    i wanted to go there for brunch one time but it didn't open until 11 and that was too late for that day, really put a damper on that day haha

Dominick likes this.
  13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Not familiar, will definitely have to check it out next time I make it up there.

14. ari christos

I was kinda transient throughout college but I lived off 28th and Druid when I first moved here, then spent time in Mount Vernon while my friends went to MICA, and as that shit fizzled out I started migrating a lil closer to where I work so I'm posted in Glen Burnie right now

15. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

The Dirty Bernie!

ari christos likes this.
  16. cwhit

this is interesting...

it's also codirected by some kennedy krieger ADHD researcher that didn't hire me when i interviewed with him...dude literally has the exact life i want to live in 15 years

17. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Did anyone gets tickets to see Louis CK's pop up show at improv tonight? I heard they sold out really quick

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I live in Perry Hall but work down in Laurel, about ten minutes or so from Merriweather Post Pavilion.

19. Borat 2: Vengeance

I'll be fighting all takers on Thursday @ the Ottobar, be there or be fucking square

20. cwhit

I'll be there for a bit, leaving for broken world the next morning and going mostly because of my pass

21. Borat 2: Vengeance

I should be there, I'll be upset if I'm not lol. I'm going mostly for Turnover and Sorority Noise.

22. cwhit

Oh yeah that's my plan too, definitely leaving before Citizen haha.
    I'll also be at Ottobar tomorrow for Chairlift and maybe Sunday (if i get back in time) to see Weatherbox again

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Paper Moon is just OK. I prefer Miss Shirley's. Also, Baltimore has some great pizza spots. Iggy's, Johnny Rads, Joe Squared, etc.

24. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Love that this is a thread. I'd be more than happy to buy any of you folks a drink if we end up at the same venue

25. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Think the next show I'm going to is Basement/Defeater at Baltimore Soundstage in a couple weeks.