Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DIY Music Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Yeah. I even messaged the epoch page and they read it but had nothing, so...idk. For now I feel more comfortable staying away

2. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

IIRC, one of the posts said/implied that they weren't going to/didn't feel like they were able to publicly comment on it without it seeming like having to answer a loaded question, or something to that effect. It seemed really messy and not something that was easy to make out if you're not an involved party, but I wish those posts were a little more clear so I could know what exactly they were trying to say.

3. cwhit

I haven't seen anything from any side other than what Lago said, but the posts about straight up "using sex and sexuality to emotionally manipulate" and other similar things...

4. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Oh, yeah, I saw that, I guess I don't know how to properly word what I meant. I got the gist of the situation, but the details when they tried to lay out and explain it were what confused me I guess. If that makes sense. That was all I meant.

The whole situation seems unfortunate, I wish they had replied to your message, but I don't think they'll probably comment on it. :/

5. cwhit

Heads up

6. cwhit

algae likes this.
  7. cwhit

last krill recording

8. cwhit

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I've never listened to Krill before now but im a song in and they remind me heavily of Speedy Ortiz if they liked Archers of Loaf more than Pavement and I am very into this
    Another song in and now I hear The Dismemberment Plan (Is Terrified) and I love this a lot

10. cwhit

Stream iji Bubble

i didn't even know this existed! woo!!!

Krill was one of the leaders of this DIY scene, they broke up but people fucking loved them. was never a huge fan honestly, but they're solid, haha.

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, they sound really good, or at least that last release did, but I'm bummed I chose today, when they're broken up, to listen to them. Sad day

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Just saw Diet Cig the other day, her energy was through the roof

13. cwhit

yup, one of my favorite live sets this year. can't wait to see them again in two weeks!!!

14. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

So apparently Eskimeaux is playing here in Toronto in September? Tickets are on sale and everything but I have not seen the show promoted ANYWHERE. super weird, maybe im just blind.

15. cwhit

probably an off date during the basement tour

also gabby messaged me back, i sent her a response, haven't heard back since. still expect to hear something re: that post soon

16. matthaber

yeah thats what i figured, i just hope it gets advertised somewhere so people actually buy tickets and go. There was once a Runaway Brother show that was completely un-promoted here at the same venue shes playing, and me and my friend were literally the only people who showed up, it was very sad.

17. cwhit

18. cwhit

Joel likes this.
  19. cwhit

20. cwhit

21. algae

Regular Prestigious

22. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

A friend and I are thinking about starting a tape label...anyone know anything about that here?

23. matthaber

so it seems like one of the members of Los Campesinos! (Rob) is starting up his solo project again after years of not releasing anything. Everyone here should check out his first EP Tear Jerky, its unbelievable.

algae likes this.
  24. algae

Regular Prestigious

Used to hate Krill whenever they were on bills a couple years ago but now that they're dead and gone, I'm starting to dig them.

25. cwhit

cool baltimore band