Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The DIY Music Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

new Orchid Tapes comp on the way - fuck yes

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Violent Mae, not really doing it for me, but I want to keep diving into these. Besides VM, who would you push me towards next? Not based off my tastes or anything, just who you like the most.

3. sim1

can i have a new name yet

Memory Girl EP by Spectral Fangs - Check out the title track:

Hellrazor, specifically song Wut - listened to a lot myself

Cody likes this.
  4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Dopeness. Thanks, buddy

sim1 likes this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I'm seeing two inch astronaut tonight
    Reminder for everyone to listen to them

Also snail mail. Friends :heart:

sim1 likes this.
  6. cwhit

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

John Galm just put out an album under the Bad Heaven moniker. Debated putting it on the Emo Thread but it sounds closer to what would go in here, I think.

Also I just saw Told Slant yesterday with Bellows and The Hotelier and I sincerely think Told Slant is one of the best live acts I've seen.

matthaber likes this.
  8. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Yup, they're absolutely incredible live. This is one of my favorite performances of theirs.

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

:O john galm album. goodbye sleep, guess im listening to this tonight.

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

God, yes this one is so good. This is one of the first live videos of them I saw a while back, and that one was probably tied for my favorite with the one of them playing Parking Lots at a house party. They put so much into the performance

matthaber and MrRobot like this.
  11. MrRobot

That was actually the other video I considered posting. They're both so good.

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

As much as I love that first record, the second one is just incredible to me in a whole different way. You have videos like this where they just completely go off and let all the feelings out, but the songs now blend that with a nuance and subtlety that makes the moments where they do cut loose hit so much harder. I can't wait for more videos of the new stuff to start circulating for that reason.

MrRobot likes this.
  13. cwhit

I liked bellows more live tbh lol

14. cwhit

15. matthaber

"backk" might just be my favourite song John Galm has ever written , the lyrics kill me. Its so nice to finally have a nice recording of it because the demo version he released last year sounded dreadful.

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This is fair, they were excellent live too, but familiarity and generally liking the Told Slant songs more pushed them ahead. I have to give Bellows props for being super tight while also still incorporating a lot of the electronic elements that I wasn't expecting live. All three bands were really fun though.

Yeah, the demo stuff was really forgettable, I forgot about the Bad Heaven stuff for a minute because that's all there was. The songs were good but everything was buried under that phone recording. I like the way things sound fuller but still sparse, good continuation of the solo album from a couple years back

17. cwhit

yoooooooooooooooo

18. cwhit

matthaber likes this.
  19. matthaber

20. cwhit

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

22. Haruni

Regular

new yeesh album is pretty cool

23. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Eskimeaux playing Toronto the same night I already have tix for Car Seat Headrest.

24. cwhit

I'm trying to get rid of me eskimeaux ticket, definitely can't support her rn

25. MrRobot

Because of the post linked in the hotelier thread?

I'm gonna be honest, I feel dumb because I've seen that post a while back, and the few others about the same situation, and to say I can barely make sense of any of it would be generous. I genuinely have no idea what to make of it because I can't even put together about 80% of it.