Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dismemberment Plan Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I’ve been doing a discography listen over the past couple days. The run from Is Terrified through Change is immaculate.

I’m on Uncanney Valley now. I probably haven’t listened to this since it came out, but “You hit the space bar enough and cocaine comes out” is still an all time WTF moment.

cherrywaves and Cameron like this.
  2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I've never listened to uncanney valley bc everyone seemed to hate it so much but I've heard live videos of the songs and they don't seem nearly as awful as everyone says. might change that soon just to know what the deal is there

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

is terrified is super underrated though

Cameron likes this.
  4. I think it's worth a listen. There are some cool moments, but they don't sound nearly as adventurous as they did at their peak, and there are some truly bad lyrics.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah this is definitely the kindest I've seen anyone be towards that record, I'll give it a listen and hope the delivery can save some of the lyrics lol. I'd like to see them do something else someday though, if they shake off the rust they could probably still make something great even if it's not E&I or Change or w/e

6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

ok that was pretty rough in parts :/

DaydreamNation and troyplaysbass like this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man I haven’t jammed Is Terrified in a minute. Gotta change that

8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I always spend some time with it leading up to and around new years cause "the ice of Boston" but it's always nice to put it on and see it holds up great. super playful record

DaydreamNation likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Tonight we mean it

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

“Let’s All Go to the Dogs Tonight” is a great song but I have wiped that album from memory

DaydreamNation likes this.
  11. It’s pretty easily the best song on there.

cherrywaves likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

"Let's All Go to the Dogs Tonight" was one of the ones there's video of them playing that made me think I'd like the record more than people were letting on lol

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Just got into this band. Listened to Uncanney Valley first just to piss people off after looking at the rate your music scores. Emergency and I is the best though. Ice Of Boston is the song that came on my Spotify mix and made me listen.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Always good to have a new Plan fan

15. RedDotRecording

Record Engineer/Producer. Musician. Coffee Punk.

You rebel!

I, on the other hand, haven't even listened to it. I heard a live performance of a song from UV and I didn't want to tarnish my fond memories.

I'm not a nostalgia guy but their records are extra-notably amazing.

16. Uncanney is ass, all their other records are great, that's all from me

17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Just listened to Emergency & I for the first time then immediately another 2 times after that, this fucking rules

18. it's so good

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

:-)

Rob Hughes likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I consider it to be in my top 3 sometimes my number 2 depending on the week. It’s also a very personal album for me, and hard to put on all the time.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

‘Tis the season for E&I/Change