Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dirty Nil - Master Volume (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by MexicanGuitars, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Nick Jagger

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This fucking rips

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Glad people can finally here this one. Definitely going to be one of my favorites of the year. This has been an exceptionally strong year for new albums in my opinion. Excited to see these songs again next month in Cleveland!

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I'm ded

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Only know one or two songs from these guys but I'm three songs in and this is going to be in HEAVY rotation for me, I can just tell.

6. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Love this. Early highlights are Heaven, the first two singles, and Evil Side. Only complaint is that I wish it was a song or two longer.

7. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone had problems with SoundCloud streams lately? Every time I get to the second song it keeps repeating after like 3 seconds. Really wanna listen to this but I guess I’ll wait till tonight

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I'm so stoked for this. Gonna listen today.

9. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

That keeps happening when I listen on my iPhone but the stream is fine on desktop

Justin Roux likes this.
  10. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh alright. Maybe I’ll get a listen in early tonight

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

AND ANOTHER THING, BABY!!!

12. MexicanGuitars

I listened in to their performance on CBC this morning. They played Heaven and Phone Call

KidLightning likes this.
  13. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

First track is a certified RIPPER

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm totally into this, the closer is out of this world good. Album kinda reminds me of the White Reaper album from last year but better.

15. MexicanGuitars

I think this is a super apt comparison. I really like the WR album as well but it’s fell off a bit for me, the second half doesn’t hold up as much imo

Nick Jagger and Justin Roux like this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd do terrible things for a Menzingers UK headliner with The Dirty Nil as support

JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. MexicanGuitars

This happened last year...

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh fuck sake. That must have been the tour I missed cause I was on holiday :(

Edit: Just checked, it was indeed. I never checked the supports but I missed that tour

19. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the back half is really disappointing, while the first three songs are soooo good. I’ll be keeping an eye out for them though, hopefully next album is better.

On another note, this album is so strong front to back. Can’t think of one track that I don’t at least like

Nick Jagger and MexicanGuitars like this.
  20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

When I read that post I got confused and thought you meant the second half of this album was weak and I was honestly astounded haha.

Makes more sense now!

Justin Roux likes this.
  21. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

No definitely not! Hahah I think I’m getting close to “This is perfect”. Totally knocked me on the ass.

Is the last track on Apple Music a bonus track? I noticed the stream ended at Evil Side

KidLightning likes this.
  22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

THIS RIPS

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Yes

Rip City encapsulated

24. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Prob gonna need to go to their show here and have my ear drums blown up in the best way

MexicanGuitars likes this.