Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hell yeah! Is it a natural progression from Transit Blues? Any favorite tracks?

2. hypotc

Waggy

Any tracks in the same vein as To The Key of Evergreen and Sour Breath on the album?

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

4. azzy01

Regular

Hopefully it's switchblade

solxace and mattylikesfilms like this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I feel like it will be. Either way - it will be a heavy song regardless I assume since the reaction to Lines was mixed.

6. azzy01

Regular

Surprisingly, it's the other new track they were playing 'Please Say No'

Definitely a lot moodier and melodic

7. mattylikesfilms Sep 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn - I actually didn’t like that track when I saw it live. I also don’t think it’s the best choice due to the mixed reaction to Lines. I imagine the reaction being even worse for this track.. oh well.

Maybe TDWP is gonna pull a move like TSSF did with their release rollout for “Proper Dose” by releasing all their experimental songs as the singles.

azzy01 likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm here for weirder shit and I still enjoy Lines

beachdude, hypotc and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms Sep 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 13, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well, I was right about the response to “Please Say No”, but this song is gorgeous. Jeremy and Mike sound incredible here. Definitely sounds better on tape than the live performance I saw.

Stoked for this new record!

azzy01 likes this.
  10. hypotc

Waggy

The lead guitar is so amazingly loud when it comes in, sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the rest.

johnnyferris likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Ok I think I'm going to like this album

12. azzy01

Regular

Reaction has been mixed, similar to lines. I think there's a major sector of their fan base that wants them to be as heavy as possible and then another section that wants them to experiment and be as weird as possible. I can see the latter half being more into these singles, while the previous section may either right them off entirely or give the album a shot and then have it grow on them.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

2/2 for me so far. As much as I'd love them to have some suuuuper heavy stuff on the record to balance out these more experimental tracks, I'm 100% here for them getting as weird as possible.

beachdude, Bane, azzy01 and 1 other person like this.
  14. I can't imagine not thinking this band keeps getting better post-Zombie.

15. VCargo08

I absolutely felt this way until these two tracks. I barely got through "No" this morning, I was just so profoundly disappointed. It's been such a banger year for new music, too, so it's even more of a bummer that one of my favorite bands isn't gonna be one of them.

16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This song is fucking amazing. It’s interesting to me that they’ve never made Jonathan a member of the band with how much of an influence and presence he has had on their songs

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New song is so good. Love that chorus.

beachdude, Bane and mattylikesfilms like this.
  18. Bane

The spiciest meme

wow what the fuck Please Say No is so fuckin cool haha, what a neat track

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

How long has this band had a la dispute kind of sound? I heard one of their newest songs the other day on someone's playlist and was like "wait, what?"

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Saw someone on fb complain that the new songs sounded phoned in. ?????

21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Someone got mad at me because I commented that if they wanted to hear breakdowns they could go listen to the first few records.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. one of my favorite songs on the record - the whole thing is really good.

23. VCargo08

Alright I think "Chemical" confirms that there's no world in which I enjoy this album at all. I know this site's tastes tend to err on the softer / poppier side of things, and reviewers seem to almost always give overwhelmingly positive reviews of every album, but the notion that this album "rips" after hearing these three tracks is wild.

I'm having the same response to this as I had to Erase Me. I'm glad someone likes this stuff, so hopefully these heavy bands that I love have the resources available to come back and make a heavy album later, but I just can't even get my head around the notion that either of these bands are writing this music "because progression". It's so formulaic and safe and radio-friendly. It's like they just turned 40 and wanted to get some play on the adult contemporary stations a la Staind.

Just bums me out.

24. Lol bruh I am listening to the album daily - there is a ton of diversity on here

switchblade is heavy as fuck The Thread and Numb are great

Spiderhead rules

25. VCargo08

Well sure, it sounds like they wrote some songs that rip, but it seems like you have to cut out half the album if you want to attach that description to the whole thing. That's a bit of a change from their usual 1-2 mellower tracks, especially considering they're pretty strongly putting this foot forward (compared to leading with Daughter when they announced TB).