Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If the VIP package (for the Sacramento date) isn’t sold out next month- I’ll just say fuck it and pull the trigger.

That special edition vinyl looks tooooooo gorgeous.

Davjs likes this.
  2. azzy01

Regular

Agreed. I think solid state could be well for them because fit for a king and silent planet has been killing the charts there. But my only concern would be the info that was mrntiment about tooth and nail / solid state being bankrupt

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

How long has ABR been off Solid State? It's been a couple albums I think, but Constellations and Leveler were definitely S/S releases and those did well.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I just listened to the Space EP for the first time ever... and holy hell this is great! I can't believe I missed out on this. I hope the band continues this sound for the next record since I found Transit Blues to be underwhelming.

5. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

With Roots vinyl came in today from Bullmoose. Variant is night sky swirl.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Starting to come around to Transit Blues...

Did not like it at all when it first came out but there are some bangers on it for sure!

musicfan9795 and johnnyferris like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I need to revisit the last couple albums.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. azzy01

Regular

Transit blues is their best by far imo. To the key of evergreen is next level.
    I feel like transit blues was seriously underappreciated when It came out because it's a lot different for them, but it's their most rewarding album to listen to

9. Jake W Oct 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 10, 2018)
    Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

To the key of evergreen is easily their beat song. Hope they continue down that route.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would still rank From Branches Below, Dead Throne, and Space EP above Transit Blues but it is definitely growing on me.

ezmo311 likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

It's hard to rank anything above Escape or Born to Lose for me, but Key to the Evergreen is amazing and up there for sure. I remember immediately liking it on first listen.

12. johnnyferris

The music video has great imagery too. Immediately drawn to it.

13. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

In a recent interview, they talked about continuing the sound that was most noteable in The Key To Evergreen. I've just loved how they've really come into their own with each new release & each feels more heartfelt, honest & relatable. The earlier releases were cool & fun live, but i'll take songs that hit me emotionally everyday.

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Dead Throne is still my favorite.

15. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Dead Throne > Transit Blues > Roots > Zombie = Space > 8:18 > Plagues > Dear Love

Joe4th likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Roots > Dead Throne > Space > Zombie > Transit Blues > 8:18 > Plagues > Dear Love

17. johnnyferris Oct 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2018)
    johnnyferris

8:18 > Transit Blues > Dead Throne > Zombie > space > Roots > Plagues > Dear Love

18. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

Transit Blues>Zombie>Space>8:18>Roots>Dead Throne>Plagues>Dear Love

19. azzy01

Regular

Transit Blues> Dead Throne > Zombie = Space > 8:18> WRAABB> Plagues = dear love

20. johnnyferris

Found Roots on vinyl this evening!

21. Obnobs

Regular

Looking for a high quality image of their "Ultimatour" they did in 2008 with Maylene & the Sons of Disaster, Whitechapel, Once Nothing & Gwen Stacy

Either looking for the whole tour, a blank or the Ohio date. All I could find was a low res one :(

Imgur

22. himynameisdakota

Regular

Sorry for the bump but I’m finally giving ‘Transit Blues’ a proper listen and it’s so good. I have no idea why I slept on it for so long.

23. hypotc Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    hypotc

Waggy

24. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

holy crap that artwork rules

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I'm so ready for this. I'd love for something akin to Dead Throne, especially based on that metal as fuck artwork.