Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Night_Sky

Regular

I would probably like '8:18' a lot more if it weren't for all the heavily panned multitrack vocals on the thing, as it stands though it's probably my second least favourite of their albums only surpassing the debut. 'Transit Blues' on the other hand is probably my favourite release of theirs.

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

All of this recent talk just got me to buy a ticket for Sunday in Hollywood. Can't wait to see these three bands play to a packed, huge venue. I haven't seen Parkway since their Upon A Burning Body/Betrayal which was well before their European explosion in popularity. Can't wait to see the production and energy for one of their biggest (if not the biggest) headlining shows in Southern California.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The crowd was rowdy at my show. High energy all around. Just wish ABR and PWD would have played some of their earlier material but that's just a personal preference. I totally get why they don't and don't blame them at all.

Frenzyofdeceit and Nate_Johnson like this.
  4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

5. johnnyferris

They’re announcing more shows tomorrow for WRAABB. Pomona in November! I’ll be there

6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Frenzyofdeceit, Davjs and solxace like this.
  7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Man, that would’ve been really something in that label’s heyday.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

hey they still have Norma Jean

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I had to check their roster and it’s wild how many of their biggest bands are now on different labels or broke up.

10. johnnyferris

I would love to know the details on a record contract of theirs. Are Mike, Jeremy, and Andy the only members of the band and the rest hired hands or are the new players like Kyle or Jonathan also given that distinction?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. I'm stoked to hear the new album. I've been revisiting Transit Blues lately, and loving it more every listen. Hope they keep the post-metal vibes. I need to give the pre-Zombie stuff a fresh listen as well, as I remember hating this band in the myspace era eh.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I been on a big DWP kick lately for the first time in years (listening to mostly Roots Above/Branches Below and Dead Throne) and then out of nowhere saw this get announced:

Definitely roadtripping to Sacramento for this!

Davjs likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

A Norma Jean/TDWP tour would be legit as hell.

Nate_Johnson, Bane and Davjs like this.
  14. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hell yea it would be

Also yay New York date that I think I can go to

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. johnnyferris

I’m already going to shows on 12/1 and 12/2 so Pomona or an AZ road trip would be out of the question. Sucks there’s no SD date because it’ll be quite the drive now

16. hypotc Sep 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    hypotc

Waggy

I can't wait to hear what they come out with after Transit Blues.

On the new album (from a recent interview)
    "..for a more accurate representation I would say, to those that have heard Transit Blues, something like The Condition or To The Key Of Evergreen. But that's definitely not to speak for the whole record."

I hope they continue to puruse the atmospheric and melancholic parts like they do on The Key To Evergreen. It's my favorite song of theirs by far. (I also really enjoy the Sour Breath cover they did earlier this year).

They are starting to remind me of Rinoa which really excites me. I would recommend checking out these songs if you like Transit Blues. These songs are from their 2010 album "An Age Among Them":

The part from 01:28 onwards is postrock sweetness, and it gets even better when the whole band comes in again.

Loving the atmospheric part at 04:00. Really moody.

The part at 02:16 is glorious!

17. Rinoa were so promising, an album in that vein would please my ears.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This vinyl looks ridiculously cool but I don’t want to pay for a meet and greet... damnit!

Hopefully they throw some copies up online after?

19. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

There is another one that someone posted earlier in the thread that is also pretty cool looking up on Bull Moose!

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Good looking out!

21. azzy01

Regular

Pretty interesting that they moved to solid state and left rise so quickly. It really makes me wonder how this will impact their growth / sales for their upcoming release.

22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Weird considering Mike's other band released an album on Rise this year

23. azzy01

Regular

Yep. Same thing I thought, unless it was released there to finish contractual obligations.

24. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

I personally think it has potential to do really well for them. Was talking to a buddy & it just felt like Rise has SO MANY bands that its hard not to get lost in the mix of everything, as to where Solid State, while smaller, may be able to really get their name out there to people that will actually care.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s exactly my thoughts as well. It’s like Epitaph- too big to give all their artists proper attention. That’s what Spencer from UO said about his record with Sleepwave that Epitaph released... they literally did little to nothing according to him.