Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. red8ge

Regular

it's gooooooood

2. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

Kinda makes me think of Being As An Ocean. Not sure how I feel.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

probably shouldn't post links to leak sites here

4. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

My bad. Never really thought about that before, but makes complete sense.

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'd guess that you'd like their newest album the most

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  6. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

johnnyferris likes this.
  7. VCargo08

This song is pretty okay. Didn't love the beginning and ending (a little too new-underoath-y for my likes) but I'm into Mike's talk-screaming he's been up to lately so the middle was enjoyable. Wish it was a bit heavier but new TDWP is always welcome.

Edit: Didn't even know this was a cover. That explains a bit more.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

someone needs to listen to julien baker

awakeohsleeper, ChiliTacos and Bane like this.
  9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea she's great

10. VCargo08

I know I know. I gave the album a spin a little ways back and it was just not what I needed at that moment in my life. Love the cover she did with Manchester though. Sweet God, I listened to that thing on repeat the day it came out.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Audiotree has the best quality. Band sounds at the top of their game on that session

13. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

They sound pretty dang good, granted Mike's live vocals are a little hit or miss sometimes but overall he was solid. I love his lows.

This also gave me the urge to revisit Transit Blues which I haven't listened to in forever, and I gotta say its a solid record still. I think they've transitioned gracefully away from their myspace-core days

14. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm always gonna be a sucker for their early stuff, weirdly become more appreciative of it now than I used to be, but 100% they've done fantastic with growing as a band.

15. Davjs

Trusted

Myspace-core lol!

Frenzyofdeceit and mattav152 like this.
  16. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I think I'm in the minority that actually prefers Mike's vocals these days, as they don't sound overproduced and he's a lot easier to understand lol

17. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh I think objectively his vocals are better yea

18. johnnyferris

Mike's performances are a big reason why 8:18 and Transit Blues are my preferred albums of there's now. The emotion and delivery of his current technique I'll take anyday over the guttural highs and lows of Plagues, etc.

I never owned Dead and Alive so I am not sure if it states it in the liner notes, but interesting they used his vocals from a Texas date of the tour for the DVD.

19. Davjs

Trusted

I need to give those albums more of a shot. I listened like once each and liked them but didn't stick. This Audiotree session was amazing for sure.

I love that DVD, they did a great job editing the footage to match, I couldn't tell.

20. johnnyferris

Here are my favorites from each of the two albums

8:18: Gloom, title track, Care More, Black & Blue
    Transit Blues: Lock & Load, Flyover States, To The Key Of Evergreen, Home For Grave Pt. II

The guy that replaced James Baney on keys/electronics is probably the most underrated part of the band now. Never been let down by the parts he's contributed to the songs.

You should also check out "South of the City." It's a RSD release and the last thing Chris worked on with the band before leaving.

21. Bane

The spiciest meme

I quite like Submersion from Transit Blues as well, and Praise Poison is just plain fun

I just like all their albums tbh

johnnyferris and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I agree with Mike to an extent that their first couple of records were typical metalcore with no substance and I’m really glad they decided to pull apart from the pack and do something different.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They sounded great in Dallas tonight. Said they'd be back in December for the Roots 10 year. Yes!!!

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Roots 9 1/2 years tour! (Anyone who watched the Audiotree session will get it, lol)

25. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

Just noticed that they put the Audiotree Sessions up on Spotify 7 I plan on putting this on repeat easier now! I have to agree with the above post about Mike's vocal style & how its evolved. Transit is definitely my favorite due to it combining Mike's Vocals, G's intense fills & little flair that he adds to each song & everything John adds is fucking gold!

mattav152 likes this.