Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Let us know your thoughts, this thread is dying way too early without much dissection. Kind of a bummer. TDWP may have waned in popularity in recent years, but there was a 20 page (at bare minimum) discussion about Dead Throne on AP.net when that came out, compared to this ghost town.

GettingSodas likes this.
  2. Bane

The spiciest meme

To be fair 2011 was a very different time than 2016

But yeah I'm surprised this doesn't have more discussion. I'm going through the album again, it's def growing on me.

3. goation

Regular

I was pretty disappointed initially, but it finally clicked with me this morning. Reading this helped. The Devil Wears Prada: Transit Blues Track-By-Track

I think the second half stretch of "The Condition" to "Transit Blues" is ridiculously good. They are still one of the best metalcore bands.

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Agreed the second half of the album is absolutely incredible

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Can we revive this thing?

I still love this band very much and I'm glad they're still hitting the road and putting out their best records.

At 23 today, TDWP was one of the first bands I got into on my own ten years ago. My tastes in music are much different now, but Prada has always stayed. Post Zombie is my favorite era of the band and this trio of LPs is their best work.

They just announced a fall tour with Veil of Maya and they'll be giving away a free documentary about the making of TB at the merch table.

Frenzyofdeceit and red8ge like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I agree. I have a love for Plagues and Roots for the time I heard them in, but Zombie and Dead Throne are legit great albums. The Space EP didn't live up to what I wanted it to be, but Transit Blues is a really good album too.

7. red8ge

Regular

it's definitely funny listening to their old stuff. i remember thinking this was such an incredible song when i was a kid, but now it's really really goofy

8. Larry David

Roots-Zombie was my favorite stretch this band had. Their last record was probably my favorite thing they've done since Zombie though!

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

I still adore Roots. They hit something very special with the album. Dead Throne is probably still my favorite, but I've loved every album/EP they've done from Roots on.

Davjs likes this.
  10. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I used to think this album was the heaviest thing ever when I was 14/15 haha

These guys are still good now, I've probably said it in this thread before but these guys and ABR are the only this sort of metalcore that I still listen to

GettingSodas likes this.
  11. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

lol I used to think this was so heavy too

Jake W likes this.
  12. Larry David

His screaming has gotten so much better. I hated them when that record came out. I didn't like them until Roots because I thought Mike was awful. He really got going on Roots

13. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Tbh I didn't realize there was a thread in here for these guys. But they're def one of the best at their style of metalcore. Roots, Dead Throne and Zombie will always hold up as their best stuff for me. Also seeing these guys next month at Higher Ground up in VT. First time I'll be seeing them outside of Warped Tour

14. johnnyferris

I just listened to their live record for the first time. Came after Dead Throne so it was almost all DT/Zombie songs and a couple old ones. Mike's vocals are so raw on it which is the one thing I really love about the direction of the band following Zombie.

Davjs likes this.
  15. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Mike announced in a recent interview with AltPress that the band is currently writing LP7. Hopefully this means it is due for a release date later this year, as that would follow their 2-year cycle.

Larry David, solxace and Davjs like this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

how would one get into this band

17. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hmmm well I'd say maybe start at Zombie EP and work your way forward. The album before, With Roots Above and Branches Below, is really good but it's a bit more acquired of a taste I feel. And before that gets a bit rougher, which I think has some merit but I wouldn't exactly be devastated if you skipped them. 8:18 is probably the album I'd say they really start to "mature" but I just really love Zombie and Dead Throne.

Davjs likes this.
  18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

DT and Zombie are so damn fun

Davjs likes this.
  19. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Roots and Zombie

20. azzy01

Regular

Start with zombie, everything from there is pure gold.

Davjs likes this.
  21. johnnyferris

8:18 forever

Davjs and goation like this.
  22. red8ge

Regular

if you're coming from a metalcore background i'd go zombie > roots > dead throne > transit blues > everything else, if you're into other metal shit i'd work backwards from transit blues but maybe skip 8:18

Davjs likes this.
  23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

looks like a Julien baker cover is out there. wild.

johnnyferris likes this.
  24. Theemoflamingo

Regular

"Sour breath", gonna wait till it drops on spotify but I hope it's good

25. red8ge

Regular

if anyone has a link and would like to message.....