Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Wow. I love this song. So much. It may be my favorite from them. Listening to it on repeat

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah that song is really good.

3. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Serious Underøath vibes in this new one. Noice.

4. Jake W

I know a lot of bands grow to hate their oldest albums when they get older, and I get when Mike does in a way because I do think their older albums are a lot better, but I do actually still enjoy the first two TDWP albums for what they are. I mean I can't think of a single album that sounds quite like Dear Love... they were way more talented than most of their peers at the time imo. And they remain one of the few metalcore bands that I still listen to. I'm very excited for this new album.

5. red8ge

Regular

i think the first two are cool to listen back to once in a while in context because it seemed like dear love and maybe drop dead gorgeous's in vogue pretty much wrote out the formula bands would copy for years to come. but on a pure enjoyment level, so many of those dear love tracks are so cobbled together. like one part just going into another haphazardly (esp on "And The Sentence Trails On") which is kind of endearing bc i can kind of picture just a bunch of kids in a studio being like "wouldn't it be sick if we did this next?"

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

First two are a bit rough for me, I can listen to them but nothing really sticks out for me too much. With Roots Above is where they really started to break out imo and then Dead Throne is my favorite, and they've been consistent since.

7. Jake W

Oh they definitely got a lot better with With Roots. My personal favourite is 8:18.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

With Roots is the album that finally made me take notice of this band, and might still be my favorite although I do think they got better/tighter after.

9. Davjs

Trusted

Zombie is what did it for me, following up with Dead Throne was perfect as well. Thought I'd be super into Space but it was kind of Eh for me. This single has me super pumped though.

10. Jake W

8:18 > Zombie > Space > Dead Throne > With Roots > Plagues > Dear Love

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Dead Throne > Zombie > With Roots > Space > 8:18 > Plagues > Dear Love

But everything 8:18 and up is like, super great. Plagues and Dear Love are decent.

12. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Zombie > 8:18 > Space > Dead Throne > Plagues > Dear Love

Zombie EP got me super into this band, not sure if they will ever top it for me.

13. himynameisdakota

Regular

Roots > everything else

I'm bias. That album r00lz.

I do love Zombie and Dead Throne though.

14. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

This is so damn good, (insert fire emoji)

15. The Mysterious

Man, this album realllyyy needed more of Mike's lows/growls. His overall voice is arguably better than it was on 8:18, but that constant higher pitch gets grating after 4-5 songs.

16. foomanfat

Regular

Liking this album more than I expected but, man, Worldwide is a bad song.

goation likes this.
  17. goation

Regular

This definitely feels like a grower album to me. I don't think I will ever like Worldwide though. I think initially I'm a bit disappointed, but I could end up liking it a lot. It probably won't top 8:18 for me though.

18. The Mysterious

You think so? It's the only one with a hook on the record, that makes it oddly unique for a TDWP cd...after hearing the background explanation, I love it. He and a friend were walking around late one night drunk in downtown Tokyo, singing and humming random improv lines about the city. In their fun, Mike thought one of the lines was actually pretty catchy; it ended up eventually being the chorus for Worldwide.

19. Jake W

The new album is really good.

20. foomanfat

Regular

That's a fine story, sure, but it makes for a cringingly cheesy song. It's metal Kokomo.

21. red8ge

Regular

metal kokomo would be sick bro

22. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This album is really phenomenal

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

On first listen this didn't catch me quite as much as I would have hoped, but it seems like the type of album that rewards you for going through multiple times. And I still like it on first listen. Submersion is super strong.

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Roots>8:18>Zombie>Plagues>Space>Dead Throne>Dear Love

After first listen I'm guessing this'll end up between Zombie and Plagues, possibly a little higher

25. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I gotta listen to this. Used to be in love with this band and as my musically taste matured I tossed this band to the side. I just really came back to them and they truly aren't bad. They're aren't generic like most of the scene. I'll have to give this a go.