Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. That's interesting to think about how the metalcore landscape was in 2010 versus today. I don't hear any djent in this though nn. The guitar riffs have much more of an alt/groove metal shine to them. But yeah the original Zombie was more rooted in the Chango style - Joey Sturgis produced metalcore sound that was prevalent back then, even though it was the first taste of them branching out of it, leading to the releases that followed that next decade.

2. tvck

Trusted

Forlorn is full of djent imho

3. Oh yeah I do remember my first listen through the livestream and thinking it had Meshuggah vibes? Like the heavy part sounded out of ObZen or something.

4. Bane

The spiciest meme

EP's been stuck in my head all day and I've been listening to it, so so so good

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

6. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Has anyone received their ZII vinyl yet? Mine's coming the 23rd, but has been sitting in San Diego since August 31st lol

7. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

I got my Zii undeadstream exclusive. Still have yet to get my first press tho.

Chcurry182 likes this.
  8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just got shipping notice yesterday, but it’s really just the creation of the label.

9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Got mine two weeks ago or so

10. DarknessInRed

Regular

Mine is on the way!

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh word? ZII still one of my favorite projects of the year

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

Don’t have Facebook so I can’t look at the link, what’s up?

14. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Potential new song this month. I'm curious if it'll sound more like The Act or ZII. Excited either way.

beachdude and AgonizingFir like this.
  15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, ZII is awesome and I would be elated if this is what the future of Prada looks like. I’m positive they’ll have softer tracks like Chemical but if the heavy is this heavy? Hype.

16. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Still waiting on my ZII bundle to ship.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I just got my ZII record yesterday

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Next week!

beachdude and Crisp X like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It’s here y’all:

beachdude likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think this song is an indicator that the band is going to make the move to be a little more accessible. I love The Act but I don’t see them making another record like that again.

Plus they’ve already confirmed on their twitch that Jon will be the primary songwriter going forward. I know he helped write and produced The Act but I see him writing less experimental stuff going forward.

21. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah this is good stuff. It’s growing more on me with each listen too.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

New video is actually pretty cool too!

disambigujason and Chcurry182 like this.
  24. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm not really feeling it. It's not bad. It just didn't make much of an impression on me.

25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I like the chorus less the longer it goes on but I love the verses. Video is indeed cool.