Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah Andy wasn’t at my show either last month. Pretty sure the guy covering for bass is one of their techs.

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Act vinyl has arrived and it is gorgeous.

artwork is even better in person

beachdude, mattylikesfilms and Bane like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hell yeah - mine arrived too but I’m out of town this weekend so I’m antsy to get back and spin it.

I’ve been loving this record more and more on every listen.

johnnyferris likes this.
  4. Oh I should get back into this record, there have been too many releases lately that I tend to forget about one or two, which isn't a problem itself! What a great year for music

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Did anyone get the chemical flash variant and did it look anything like the mock-up on the website? Just curious. I got mine and it does not lol

6. johnnyferris

Mine was the Triad Act, sorry

7. mattylikesfilms Nov 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is Chemical flash I got. It still looks cool so I can’t be mad at it but I just wish it was closer to the mock-up that the preorder showed.

265BDBAB-F926-4551-B073-E621C3492B5C.jpeg

johnnyferris likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

mattav152 likes this.
  9. johnnyferris

Will check out. Thanks for sharing!

10. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

johnnyferris likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

TDWP finally uploaded the NO SUN NO MOON doc which shows the making of Transit Blues

hypotc likes this.
  13. johnnyferris

Great doc. I believe it came with the preorder when the album came out. Crazy they retracked all of the drum parts once Dan left the band

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah - they also supposedly gave free download codes for the doc at their merch table for their headlining tour in support of the record which is how I got this a few years back.

I would love to hear what Dan tracked versus what Guiseppe tracked since Guiseppe changed a few parts up. Ultimately for everyone involved - it was the best move that Dan left. Guiseppe is a beast behind the kit and definitely helped push the band further to evolve while Dan wanted to keep some of the musical beats the band was known for. Both sides are totally understandable and now Dan lives in San Diego doing cool shit for GoPro so its a win all in all.

After I watched this doc - I put on Transit Blues and wow.. the record continues to impress me. I used to hate most of it but its easily some of their best work.

The Act > Transit Blues > Dead Throne > Space > Roots > Zombie > 8:18 > Plauges > Dear Love

15. johnnyferris

Oh that’s right. That tour was cool; they played both Kansas on that run.

I think I’ll do a vinyl discography run tomorrow (but I’m just realizing I still don’t have Dead Throne). I’ll give a proper ranking tomorrow even though I already know where I’m leaning.

I had the same experience with Space after seeing a few of those songs on the Act tour. I revisited and liked it a whole lot more.

16. johnnyferris

mattylikesfilms, Bane and azzy01 like this.
  17. ZOMBIE II out 5/21

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

$40 shipped for a 10" is ridiculous

riotspray likes this.
  19. johnnyferris

Includes the livestream though

riotspray likes this.
  20. For sure but I did it anyways

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I hate when bands abruptly throw up a pre-order with no warning and then by the time you find out - most variants are sold out. Lame.

Anyways, wanted the virus variant but got the Midnight. The teaser sounds bomb and their past live streams were great. Plus I gotta support the boys even if I'm annoyed lol

22. hypotc Apr 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2021)
    hypotc

Waggy

I agree, everything was sold out except for the midnight version unfortunately. I got that one atleast!

They're all sold out now.

23. hypotc

Waggy

24. DarknessInRed

Regular

Just got one and a ticket! Super hyped for this!

25. tvck

Trusted

um hell yes

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.