Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Lot of clunky lyrics actually. “Iron oxide tells the difference,” ....

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Wave of Youth is the highlight here for me

beachdude, Eric Wilson, Bane and 2 others like this.
  3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Nah this thing is still massive for me, even the later tracks. Even Though has one of my favorite chorus melodies on the album, Diamond Lost sticks to me with that entire chorus, if I HAD to pick a least favorite it would be As Kids but even that one I still like.

I'm glad people are recognizing Wave of Youth as one of the highlights, I was blown and am still blown away by that one in particular. I mean the whole album still blows me away haha.

4. VCargo08

How damn near everything on this album comes off, to me.

"Curb your pleasure
    Ground your dreams
    You want to watch me
    To watch me bleed"

"I beg you hear my every word before you leave for the moon"

Literally every line in Chemical.

"I blame myself for everything
    I fought so hard not to drown
    I held up the walls, you pulled the strings
    And now it's all crashing down
    "

"Paint a picture in my head
    Yellow, black, and red
    "

etc etc etc

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, a lot of the lyrical content on this record is lacking but on some songs - I can look past it - just because it works for me. On other songs, like "As Kids" - Oof.

I still absolutely love Spiderhead (which has been stuck in my head all morning), The Thread, and Switchblade. Other songs such as Even Though, Numb, and Diamond Lost are growing on me too. Hopefully, this record continues to grow on me. I was so excited for this release for a whole year and TDWP is my favorite band in this type of genre so it will bum me out hardcore if I never click with this.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

I don't have a problem with like any of these lol

7. VCargo08

Explains a lot.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Lol alright?

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

What exactly does it explain? I also don’t have a problem with any of the lyrics in question.

10. VCargo08

It explains the praise it's getting. If angsty middle-school diary entries from 30-year-old men fly for good lyrics, than I understand why people don't hate this album.

11. 333 GANG

ACAB

[​IMG]

So edgy

12. VCargo08

"I blame myself for everything
    I fought so hard not to drown

You guys and your "replies". I suppose I thought everyone around here has grown up with the site since the AP days, but maybe you all ARE actually angsty middle-schoolers, and that's why this stuff strikes you as 'mature'.

Cute more non-reply replies in

13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The lyrics are fine. At least they aren't one of those Christian bands that hate gay people or something

beachdude and 333 GANG like this.
  14. Bane

The spiciest meme

It's fine to not like the album but you've acted like nothing but a jackass in all your posts for it so excuse us for not being receptive

15. 333 GANG

ACAB

Well said. Nobody is forcing anyone to like anything, different strokes for different folks, but don’t act like a pompous asshole about it.

16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Saw them play last night and it was a great time.

They played Switchblade, Line of Your Hands, Chemical, and Please Say No off The Act.

A Foo Fighters cover of “One by One” came out of nowhere. And they closed with Hey John. First time seeing that one in close to 10 years

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing them Wednesday. Excited for Hey John, but wish they were playing Wave of Youth

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I saw them this past Friday and loved that cover they did. It works surprisingly well.

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

Don’t believe this got posted in here, but I really like this video.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Foo cover is cool. And Hey John is always welcome.

Also pretty awesome that Jon's starting to do backing vocals on stuff.

beachdude and johnnyferris like this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Listened to this record a few times front to back today and still really loving it.

beachdude, mattylikesfilms and Bane like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ayyyy I see myself right up front :-)

riotspray likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Happy to report that I am back on with The Act. Some songs finally clicked and overall - I really enjoy this record a lot. The only song I wish they kept off was "As Kids".

Now, if only the vinyl could be delivered already..

24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Yeah, it’s definitely been more than two weeks

25. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Show last night was great, but the bummer about Norma Jean opening for another band is that everyone is exhausted from their set by the time a headliner walks on haha.

Andy apparently had a family issue come up and isn't finishing the tour with them, not sure who their replacement guy was.