Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada - The Act (October 11, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Aug 23, 2019.

1. First track is iconic - that fucking breakdown

mattylikesfilms and tvck like this.
  2. mattylikesfilms Oct 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's fair and I do hate that type of Metalcore but Roots is the exception for me personally. Record ripssssss and their 10 year anniversary tour for it was awesome.

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just threw on Roots and GODDAMN Assistant To The Regional Manager still holds up very well despite being a product of it’s time.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dez Moines too. Blessings on blessings.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Very cool but I hope they release the new music they’ve been working on before the year is over.

Bane likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also $15 for two livestream shows is extremely solid.

Bane likes this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh hell yea

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. azzy01

Regular

They confirmed that they're working on new music?

9. mattylikesfilms Oct 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup. On their podcast Prada Pod - they mentioned a few times that they’re demoing out new music. This was also back in like June.

azzy01 likes this.
  10. azzy01

Regular

That's awesome! I didn't keep up with the Prada pod, but I should definitely get back into it. I know they expressed interest in doing another themed ep, so it would be great if it was something along those lines.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’m just glad they’re recording new music. After The Act came out, Mike was saying he wants to focus on that record for at least a few years before even thinking of new music so I was expecting a 3-4 year wait. Then rona season was unleashed and I guess that forced the band to change their plans. It’s shitty for them since they worked so hard on The Act but at least they got to do their headlining tour for it (I went to it and it was awesome) which is more than some artists can say (see: Touché Amoré).

azzy01 likes this.
  12. azzy01

Regular

Yea I remember him saying that. I think the virus definitely played a major role in them making new music. Which is both a good and a bad thing cause I'm sure they had a lot more tours and content planned around the act.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I feel mixed because I do feel bad for them and supposedly the We Came As Romans tour they were on when quarantine went into effect was going very well for them.

I honestly don’t see touring being a real option for 2021 (which is terrifying for artists and venues) so I feel like having fans purchase merch/new music will be the only way forward until tours are safe again.

14. azzy01

Regular

Yep, agreed. That and livestreams and finding other ways to earn support. Really glad they're doing the livestreams in November.

The thing is, pumping out new content requires capital or repaying labels for previous releases.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Agreed and you're totally right. I'm sure Solid State is being realistic and flexible on this for their artists plus Jon helped produce The Act so I'm sure they will just utilize him for producing new music going forward until they can tour again.

Either way, more than ever I am supporting the artists I love whether it's live streams or merch/vinyl.

16. First time listening to The Devil Wears Prada since 8:18. I love Dead Throne and Zombie EP. This album, is really really good and is definitely getting me back into the band.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh yeah, The Act is one of their stronger records. I would probably say their top three are Dead Throne, Transit Blues, and The Act.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

WRAABB will always be my top pick for the band as a whole.

riotspray likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Roots is a classic and I do love that record a lot (would personally place it as their 4th best) but it’s kind of lyrically weak in comparison.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If you head to TDWP’s Instagram or watch Mike’s insta story - you’ll see their teasing something. I’m assuming new music since Mike mentioned last Summer that they were demoing new material during the pandemic since they had nothing else to do.

beachdude likes this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Zombie Pt. 2?

beachdude likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

333 GANG and beachdude like this.
  23. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

mother of God. it's happening.

24. helloiamzach

Regular

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

It's so funny to me that Zombie EP came out at a time like, RIGHT before the whole zombie craze blew up again with TWD and now they're coming back after everyone has kind of gotten burnt out on zombies after so much TWD

What a period between getting Zombie EP and then Dead Throne a year after, man

beachdude likes this.