Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada - The Act (October 11, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Aug 23, 2019.

1. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

This is my favorite The Devil Wears Prada album. The heavy songs really go in and are perfectly balanced out with the slower songs. I really think it's their best work.

joe.boy.fresh., Bane and solxace like this.
  2. My favorites right now are Chemical and Numb. Other highlights are the breakdowns on Switchblade and Spiderhead, the djent-y riffing on The Thread, and that scream at the end of Even Though.

Still on the fence with Mike's vocals on most of this, but it's an interesting change of style.

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty bummed that Wave of Youth isn't in the setlist. Still excited to see them Wednesday.

4. Bane

The spiciest meme

That's reeeeeeally disappointing, was looking forward to possibly seeing that one when I go see them next month. Boo.

riotspray likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I've only had a chance to listen to the new record twice through, but that's the song that keeps sticking in my head.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah man - same. I was talking with Guiseppe at their bus on Friday night and he explained that the reasons they didn't play songs like Wave of Youth, The Thread, Numb, or Spiderhead were because of tuning needed and they simply didn't have the gear for it. He said that they will be ready to play these songs on their upcoming tours next year for sure.

riotspray likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms Mar 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 24, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

8. tvck

Trusted

Crisp X, azzy01 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Great video for a great song off a great record :-)

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

New material is coming!

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Only two original members left.

I wouldn't mind a name change. I consider the band that made the catalog ranging from 'Dear Love' to '8:18' to no longer exist.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Eh, they still retain a lot of the DNA of the original band and it's hard to give up a recognizable brand... and it's even harder to kickstart a brand new one.

Also; Jon and Kyle been around since 2012 and 2015 so there's been some consistency too.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I'm just saying that current version of this band does not represent the catalog I mentioned above. Sound, style, and members are new. The only thing that's the same is the name.

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I mean sure (8:18 I would maybe disagree with but everything before it? Totally) but I don’t think they’re completely unrecognizable and like I said - it would be career suicide to give up the name. I’m a huge TDWP fan and hate the name myself anyways so I’m not against it.

The guys hate their own band name too so I’m sure they would love to change it if it didn’t mean loss in exposure/attention/etc

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

riotspray likes this.
  15. Don’t they have 3 original members?

The Act is easily their best album right after Dead Throne

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea Dead Throne and The Act are my 2 favorites, and I like all of their albums

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Andy left so now it’s just 2. The Act is a fantastic record, I just don’t listen to The Act and WRAABB and imagine the same band. They are two bands with the same name.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dead Throne, The Act, and Transit Blues are the three strongest records they’ve ever done.

Bane and Drew Beringer like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I'd put WRAABB, Dead Throne, and The Act as their three best.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wait - what was that? You wanna rank? OKAY!

Dead Throne > The Act > Transit Blues > Space > Roots > Zombie > 8:18 > Plagues > Dear Love

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

WRAABB > Zombie > Dead Throne > The Act > Plagues > 8:18 > Space > Dear Love > Transit Blues

22. Not hard for me to rank as their pre-Zombie stuff doesn't exist to me:

Transit Blues > Zombie > 8:18 > The Act > Dead Throne > Space

23. With Branches Below absolutely rips tho

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. I didn't like it back then and still don't today. Feels emblematic of the Joey Sturgis brand of metalcore I usually avoid.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  25. tvck

Trusted

Zombie EP is still top tier for me.

amorningofsleep likes this.