Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Devil Wears Prada Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. VCargo08

This sounds a LOT like Underoath and that's not something I'm particularly stoked about.

3. Chuck!

Regular

Their last album was pretty dreadful. I like this song tho

4. AllenRicketts

Regular

I love this band so much. They've gone through such an amazing transformation over their careers. Spinning their albums back to back is so satisfying, each new sound taking me back to the times of my life they defined. I'm so glad they're still at it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. ballroomtrance

Regular

Strange that people didn’t like Transit Blues. What a killer opening track, and then right into Daughters? Worldwide is solid, wasn’t a huge fan of Lock and Load. The Condition and the closer are also super solid, standout tracks. What didn’t people like about it?

I love the new album art. Pre ordered it on that alone, but I’m not particularly fond of the production on the new single. Structure is just okay, too. Kind of meanders a little bit and never picks up much steam. But I’m always down for new Prada.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Transit Blues was dreadful? Nope. Daughter, Detroit Tapes, The Condition, Evergreen, Submersion, and especially the title track are all A+

Would highly recommend you revisit the record.

AllenRicketts and disambigujason like this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I go back and forth on Worldwide/Lock and Load. I like parts of the songs and the lyrical content is a nice change but ehhhh....

Aside from those two? Love the record. I will admit it took me a minute for it all to fully click but I definitely appreciate the band for evolving. They’re not trying to make the same record twice when they easily could and it would probably still be awesome too.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

To The Key of Evergreen is their best song. Like I get Transit Blues might not be for everyone, but to say it's dreadful is just wrong

9. Chuck!

Regular

I thought the majority of it was a total bore but I'm glad some of y'all enjoyed it

10. skullbird

Ya I didn't really dig Transit Blues much, aside from Daughter... and idk about this song, why does that chorus come in so hot? lol.. I respect the change in sound though. I'll give it a spin for sure, but 8:18 will probably forever be my favorite.