Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Death of Stalin (Armando Ianucci, 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by I Am Mick, Aug 14, 2017.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

2. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Zero replies. :( I loved this. This must be a pretty limited release at this point.

It definitely had the same feel as Veep, that I'm having a hard time putting into words. Frantic?

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Sucks that Jeffrey Tambor is in this but I still want to see it. Not playing anywhere near me though.

4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah still super excited for this but not playibg here

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

It's "out there" if you know where to look, but only playing in select theaters. Landmark theaters just got added to MoviePass, so I might try to go see this over the weekend.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

I saw it about a month ago. It was very good, and it has all of the things that has been missing from recent Veep. It exposes the inherent childishness and competition for positions of power, except here there are lives at stake.

It also toned down the profanity-lade diatribes that no human being would actually say, which was always the most exhausting part of his work. These people talk like real human beings for the most part.

7. Anthony_

I just looked it up and it's actually playing at a few of the smaller theaters in Jersey that I typically rely on for indie/foreign films. I also need to see Ready Player One this weekend, and would like to see Isle of Dogs again as soon as possible, but I can definitely work this one in.

I think I'm most looking forward to Jason Isaacs, heard he was hilarious in his role.

8. I've been looking forward to this for awhile. Probably gonna have to check it out on demand whenever it hits that.

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

just saw this, thought it was pretty fantastic. really takes a turn to pretty intensely dark for the last half hour that was surprising and great.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I enjoyed this.

11. lightning

Contender and PeacefulOrca like this.
  12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed this.

13. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

This was fucking hilarious.

14. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

this was absolutely terrific, one of the better films I've seen this year. as someone who teaches history and specifically this subject, it does an excellent job finding hilarity in the brutality

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. Morrissey

Trusted

What part of history do you teach? Right now I am teaching U.S. History Reconstruction-present.

16. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

I teach global 10 (regents level), AP US history, and an elective on modern issues (like 1945 to present, it has a lot of freedom so I teach gay rights, Iran contra, 9/11, Reganomics, war on terror, great society, etc.). Had no idea you were a history teacher. hope you are well btw, I know I haven't been around here in a long long time.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

on netflix april 1st

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  18. Anthony_

This was so great

19. atlas

Trusted

“Who would put a lamp on a chair?”

20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

loved this

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This was absolutely hilarious

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  22. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

This in retrospect might be my favorite comedy of the 2010's.