Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dear Hunter Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, May 1, 2016.

1. Philll

Trusted

Color Spectrum is such an incredible piece of work. Personal favourites are Black, Blue and Indigo eps

recall reality and serotonin like this.
  2. Quercus

Regular

The ending of This Vicious Place is one of my favorite instrumental moments of their entire discography. Personally, I think it would have been the perfect end to the album, either that or it should have been followed up but a song with more energy. I wish they would have been able to fit Old Demons in the second half which would have spruced it up a bit.

I think the problem with peoples perception of Migrant is that they put it on and expect the flair of the Acts. Migrant is an album for a very specific mood and I can totally see how it can come off as rather slow.

I personally love how personal and relatable the lyrics are, which is something I just don't get on the Acts.

Bla bla bla, I really love this album.

Gooddayz likes this.
  3. Quercus

Regular

I think we'll see another album next fall, but I doubt it'll be IV. I would love a full length concept album not associated with the Acts....

4. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I'll never forget the moment when I found out two of my favorite bands were becoming one. For that reason, the Red EP will always be my favorite.

I wish I was on the route for this tour. Those that went, I'll forever be jealous.

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

6. Philll

Trusted

Thought that was gonna be an Act VI reveal. Boxset looks great but no way I can spend that money on albums I already own. Intrigued by the Fox and the Hunt though.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Is there going to be an Act VI at this point?? I can't spend that money on albums I've collected before but I'm just curious if the story is finished as is or if we can expect more.

8. Philll

Trusted

It's a weird one, the story seemed to resolve with Act V, and his message with this announcement seems to signal it's wrapped up, but I swear I've seen him mention Act VI since the release of V. Can anyone else corroborate or am I making things up?

9. Philll

Trusted

The start of the statement seems to suggest that there's further announcements to come as well? Unless he means details he mentions later in the statement?

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I remember him saying that Act VI was going to be an orchestral release, not anything like 1-5

ezmo311 likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah he said it would be something different so no idea what that could be.

12. serotonin

The last time I spoke to Casey, and as far as I know, nothing has changed since, but Act IV will exist in some form, but it may or may not even be music. He did explicitly state that it would be something he would be doing either solo or with help of others outside of the scope of the band. It's possible at that time it was thought to be finished up in the graphic novels but since Act II is planned to have six novels, I don't know when that would ever release. That information was provided by him on The Final Act tour which was like two years ago now

Edit: The Dear Hunter is absolutely one of my favorite bands and I want to support the boxset but considering I already own Act I+II Double LP, Act II Reissue, Act III Original, Act IV and Act V... I don't think I can stomach $180. I REALLY want that orchestra LP though. Ahh.

13. Kixur413

Bought it in a heartbeat. Im excited to see what this fox and the hunt thing is

14. serotonin

He has been talking about an orchestra release of Act IV and V since Kevin Pereira originally paid for their inclusion on those albums. I'm assuming thats what this is, but it's possible the scope was increased to include the previous acts as well, or possibly in a way becomes part of Act VI.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I just can't justify the price, i want it badly tho. listening to the EP from 2017 now, great release

16. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Exact same boat.
    $180 is a lot fir vinyls I own

teebs41 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I only own IV and V! Need 1-3 which makes this more tempting

KalValor likes this.
  18. serotonin

Honestly I would easily buy it if I didn't own those three. Picking those up at current rates would be more than this whole boxset. It's possibly going to go down, but I have no idea how many copies of this boxset were made.

I might still buy it if Casey says they aren't pressing The Fox and the Hunt separately...

19. SoundscapeMN

Regular

Act VI should happen, but Serotonin is right in that Casey has been quoted more than once about it being in a different form.

I'm paraphrasing (and I'm sure it's in my blog somewhere)

"Act VI has the chance to do something special/unique/different" from the others. Or he may have said "We have a chance to do something with Act VI...":

fans guessing of course, many think a film or a play, or maybe an interactive website(s).

And I believe the idea of it not having any music is more than likely.

As far the Boxed Set...I'm a Lifer (and Lifetime member), own multiple copies of most of the albums, including on vinyl. If budget wasn't so much an issue, I might get it. But maybe like others, I'd be up for waiting for the price going down to a price within my budget (I'm actually trying to buy a house right now, lol).

beachdude and serotonin like this.
  20. serotonin

Hey, if you're a lifer and in the Minnesota area, we probably have gone to a lot of the same shows! I've seen them nine times and six of them were in Minneapolis.

SoundscapeMN likes this.
  21. SoundscapeMN

Regular

Oh I'm sure we have. I have only missed them twice since the April 2007 show at First Avenue with Say Anything/Saves the Day/Meg & Dia (2012 when they played in St.Paul with Anthony Green. I was actually in Chicago seeing Marillion the same night, and the September 2016 show at The Fine Line I missed because it was 1-week before my wedding. I couldn't convince the Fiance, lol).

I have a list of my Concert History that I haven't updated since 2016 here, which has TDH in there 7 or 8 times.
    All Media Reviews: My Concert Attendance History: An Incomplete List

I know I see some of the same people at shows, although the last few years it's been odd in that when they opened for Coheed and BTBAM, those other 2 bands have massive groups of fans.

But the next time they come, maybe I'll see you. Curious, you are not part of any of the FB groups? a group from The Meaning and All Things Regarding The Dear Hunter met up at Pizza Luce before the BTBAM show, which was odd since when I walked in, I looked to my left and saw Dan Briggs of BTBAM and I guess a group of their fans did the same thing there.

serotonin likes this.
  22. serotonin

Oh yeah, we've definitely been at some of the same shows then. I'm in The Lifers group and The Meaning FB group, although I didn't do the meet up. Since I've been blessed with free access to the shows, I always end up bringing a group of people with me. I think the smallest group I've brought has been four extra people. My dad's actually seen TDH five times and my mom has seen them three times haha. Also that Anthony Green show.. My god, I was down the street basically at the River's Edge festival, which was fantastic, but I had full plans to leave and go see that show in the middle of it until I found out I couldn't get back in. These are the shows I've been to, it looks like most of the Minneapolis ones we've been at together.. I also realized I missed two when I was looking at the list, my concert spreadsheet is far from complete too.

8/14/2008 The Loft Madison, WI
    7/22/2011 The Triple Rock Social Club Minneapolis, MN
    11/5/2011 The Cabooze Minneapolis, MN
    4/13/2012 Coachella Indio, CA
    4/14/2013 7th St Entry Minneapolis, MN
    9/13/2015 The Triple Rock Social Club Minneapolis, MN
    5/27/2016 Majestic Madison, WI
    9/16/2016 Fine Line Music Cafe Minneapolis, MN
    5/13/2017 First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
    5/14/2017 High Noon Saloon Madison, WI
    3/3/2018 First Avenue Minneapolis, MN

23. Kixur413

Act VI baby!!!! I love Casey for this.

24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

SoundscapeMN and coleslawed like this.
  25. CAC3

Dog

My favorite stuff from TDH is definitely Act II and the Green EP. So many good songs!