Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dear Hunter Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Benjamin Lee, May 1, 2016.

1. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

"The Dear Hunter is a progressive rock band originating in Providence, Rhode Island. It began as a side project of Casey Crescenzo, formerly of The Receiving End of Sirens. The band's sound features a wide variety of instruments and styles."

I was surprised no one made this thread already. Act IV was phenomenal.

2. atlas

Trusted

Seeing em next month, very stoked

3. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'd love to see 'em. I ended up missing the Casey/Andy Hull solo tour that came through here and was pretty bummed about that. Hope you have fun :)

4. atlas

Trusted

Well that was a sweet show. Super personal and fun vibe, Casey was hilarious, set was great and they were totally on point all night. Opening bands were great too, O'Brother melted my face off and Rare Futures (Matt Fazzi's band) were super tight as well.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  5. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i hope Act V comes out next year if not this year. so, so curious to hear where Casey heads next, both with the story and the music.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  6. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'd imagine not this year, but hopefully next year. Act IV is phenomenal. I really like Migrants though, so I hope he does eventually branch back out to non-conceptual writing. I wouldn't even mind if we got another Migrant in between Act V and Act VI.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Act IV is a really excellent album. So long, as usual, but great

8. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I feel like I have to schedule a time to play it just because it's almost twice as long as a "normal" album. haha It's really good though, I really like all of them a lot. Migrant might be my favorite.

9. irthesteve

I've definitely listened to it in two halfs before, to make it easier

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  10. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Haha, not a bad idea. I have the record so I could just play A/B at one time, C/D another. The Dear Hunter makes some of my favorite music I've heard, but I've found it difficult to really dive into it all since everything is so long (other than Act I and Migrant) and requires so much attention to really take it all in.

11. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Seeing them tonight in Akron. Stoked!

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

They were great as always.

Also saw a guy wearing an Encore shirt. Respect. Ha

Benjamin Lee and irthesteve like this.
  13. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I want to see them pretty bad. Haha Show options are going to become more scarce for me though seeing as I live in NC. Haha

14. Horrorca

Trusted

Deerhunter >>>>> The Dear Hunter

James likes this.
  15. irthesteve

Disagree, do not like the other band at all

16. contra11mundum

Also, funny story.

I ran into who I thought was Casey. Started talking to him. Telling him I was looking forward to the show. Etc. He said thanks and stuff.

Then I asked if they were playing anything from Migrant and he said he didn't really know he was just the drummer.

So we said our goodbyes and I walked away really confused because he looked just like Casey.

So I looked it up. Turned out it was his brother. Haha

coleslawed and Benjamin Lee like this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Act V is coming out September 9th, and a new song "Gloria" is on Apple Music & Spotify.

Michealrogers likes this.
  18. devenstonow

Noobie

Weird how quick this came out compared to Act IV. Cool cover too.

Where was this announced though? My friend posted a snapchat about it around 5AM(i actually looked at it thinking it was some random other band and like, 'oh if it's dear hunter i would have seen it')

also wanna add in how much i hate migrant

19. devenstonow

Noobie

also

?

20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Where can I see the artwork/announcement?

21. devenstonow

Noobie

No announcement yet; seems like it was posted on streaming sites (someone said spotify and apple music; i see the song and artwork on Google Play)

22. devenstonow

Noobie

Artwork:
    [​IMG]

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They have a countdown at ? that ends in 3 hours, so it looks like the info came out early through streaming sites.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

weird, this came out of nowhere

devenstonow likes this.
  25. devenstonow

Noobie

I feel like there hasn't even been a time for them to go into the studio.

Maybe this is just an EP-length (or, Act 1 length) release?