Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dear Hunter Announce ‘Act V’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Dear Hunter will release Act V on September 9th. Pre-orders are now up and you can stream the new song, “Gloria,” below. The band also announced a new set of tour dates which are also on their website.

Act V, however, will be the final ‘rock’ record in the Act series. This may read as though I am abandoning the project, one record early – but the truth is simply that in knowing what Act VI means to the series, and what its story has to say – presenting it in the same form as Acts I-V would be short selling the creative opportunity it presents.

2. danskoldberg

Great song. Great artwork. Excited for this.. but even more excited for ACT 6. Casey you're a mad man.

3. tenspeed

what a most pleasant surprise!

4. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Electropop Act 6 letz go

coleslawed likes this.
  5. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

AHHHHH

6. efp722

Regular

i am half expecting Act 6 to be some kind of touring broadway show-esqe thing.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. felipecardel

1. Regress
    2. The Moon / Awake
    3. Cascade
    4. The Most Cursed of Hands / Who Am I
    5. The Revival
    6. Melpomene
    7. Mr. Usher (on His Way to Town)
    8. The Haves Have Naught
    9. Light
    10. Gloria
    11. The Flame (Is Gone)
    12. The Fire (Remains)
    13. The March
    14. Blood
    15. A Beginning

8. felipecardel

this song is Jesus

9. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Casey is a golden god.

10. skoopy

Regular

2 Act Dear Hunter albums in 1 year? Someone wake me. If its half as good as Act IV it will be absolutely stellar.

bachna84 and skurt like this.
  11. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

I figure this may be a good place to ask this question that no one has ever been able to answer for me: What exactly IS the storyline (this grander world that Casey refers to in his letter) that exists in the Dear Hunter Acts albums??? I am so intrigued,,,

12. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Here's some interpretations:

The Complete Story Song By Song: - The Acts - Lake and the River

I'm not super well versed on the story myself, but that seems like a good source. :)

teebs41 likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Casey definitely fucks

15. Damien Davies Jun 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

So soon after Act IV. Not complaining. :-)

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Okay now I'm just getting spoiled. 2016 is ridiculous with so many anticipated releases!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  18. dee Jun 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    dee

I can feel the butterflies.

This is awesome!!

I wish they made their artwork into posters too; would've definitely grabbed one.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Holy shit! Saw the info on the instagram yesterday at night, but didn't notice there's a song! This is the best news and huge surprise, and what's more, the song is brilliant! Just top notch in my opinion, love it!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the tour is called The Final Act, interesting.

21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

But there's more info on it in the description, he said he's not abandoning the project after that.

22. qbag

In addition to the link someone posted in reply to your post, this is also a very good read(has one article for all of the Acts): *prognotes: The Dear Hunter’s <i>Acts</i>, Part I (<i>The Lake South, The River North</i>)

23. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

So the days before, Lifetime Members received a postcard in the mail hyping the impending announcement. If anyone is curious to see and hear it's message, I took a video here:

Bartek T. likes this.
  24. Lex

the horizon is my home

I'm so obsessed with Act IV. I can't believe this is happening. And thanks for already making me curious about Act VI!