Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dear Hunter - All Is As All Should Be EP (December 1st 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Philll, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Dog with a Blog

I was listening to them yesterday and almost bumped this thread saying how I miss them. This ain’t much, but it could be something!

beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Would be hilarious if it was the Instagram equivalent to a butt dial

coleslawed, beachdude and Joe4th like this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He told me on Twitter not to expect any new music anytime soon

4. Philll

Trusted

Yeah last i saw it seemed he wanted to take something of a break to have some family time.

At least we know we have act 6 to be excited by at some point in the future.

5. Quercus

Regular

Did he say that recently? I was kinda hoping for a release this autumn.. :tear:

teebs41 likes this.
  6. atlas

Trusted

He also historically is a liar when it comes to talking about new music

coleslawed, teebs41, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

A lot to read and digest here

beachdude likes this.
  8. irthesteve

I can't get the FB post to embed, so here:

THE DEAR HUNTER PRESENTS THE ACTS (www.thedearhunter.com)

It’s difficult to pick which detail I should divulge first, but I will begin by announcing “The Acts”, a comprehensive collection of my band, The Dear Hunter’s record series of the same name.

I’ve wanted to compile these records into a single collection since the release of Act V, but there was one missing link, which leads to the next part of the puzzle.

At the time of recording Acts IV and V, I had the privilege to work with Conductor David Moeshler and his Awesöme Orchestra. Prior to our initial recording, I was introduced to the work of the composer Brian Adam McCune, who also works with David as an orchestrator and arranger for the various collaborations and musical experiments of AÖ.

Brian and I developed an immediate musical kinship, and in discussing the forthcoming recordings, I told him the hope I had of focusing the orchestration/arrangement on a dual purpose—both as a featured element of our albums, and as an isolated listening experience.

This meant writing and arrangement elements that would not be used at the time of Act IV/V’s release—the result of which is “The Fox & the Hunt”.

At roughly 57 minutes long, “The Fox & the Hunt” holds a strong tether to its parent pieces, but is meant to be experienced on its own, and we are so excited to share it with you as part of this comprehensive collection.

While “The Fox & the Hunt” is meant to serve a dual purpose, it was vital that we made this collection feel cohesive- and I am so excited to say we have enlisted the incredible artistry of Nicky Barkla, who painted the covers of Acts IV and V.

While the visual side of this musical story has always been a top priority, Nicky’s work represents a different level of inspired creation that was vital to incorporate in the albums which predates her involvement, and so, she has created 3 new covers for Acts I-III, building upon the inspired intrigue and beauty she brought to Acts IV and V.

With that, the collection finally feels complete, and of a singular identity. I look back on these 5 albums in disbelief of the journey I have taken- and it has been due, in no small part, to the loving ear you have all lent to this music, and the endless support and belief you have shown me, and my band.

Thank you all. I hope you enjoy.

9. irthesteve

beachdude likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

i want

11. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

almost sounds like The Fox & The Hunt is what became of Act VI but I guess this doesnt necessarily rule out that Act VI is coming sometime later. Its interesting that Casey seems to view the entire thing as complete though. either way this looks really neat and i wish i could justify the purchase

coleslawed, beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually just played this thread's ep. really great stuff, hope he continues to write music with TDH even if its just one off albums and EPs.

13. irthesteve

Maybe I read it wrong, but I feel like in the process of making VI, Casey and the orchestral team went back and revisited IV and V to create a new orchestral piece to lead into VI?? It's confusing.

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

Act VI a screenplay confirmed

beachdude likes this.
  15. KalValor

Regular

beachdude and Dog with a Blog like this.
  16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Okay let me get this straight.. Act VI is a screenplay, but not an album. Could maybe become one someday, maybe. Probably not, but we'll get some sort of artwork from Act VI. The Fox and the Hunt is not Act VI.. am I getting this right?

beachdude likes this.
  17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I think so. But I’m also a little confused myself tbh

Gooddayz likes this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

That sounds right.

I’m fairly certain the Fox and the Hunt is an orchestral version of Acts IV and V

19. SoundscapeMN

Regular

new tune ""Inquisitor"/"I Forgot the Name (For Real)" :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

"This was part of a project Casey Crenscenzo wrote and produced with and for those who preordered The Acts box set. Casey said he didn't mind it if someone shared the song so here it is!"

20. SoundscapeMN

Regular

a lot of news is coming soon, likely just after the tour they are on.

But if you are on reddit and find the Word "Spoiler" you can read a lot about it.

Philll likes this.
  21. SoundscapeMN

Regular

bump.

"The Indigo Child" is a new concept/series of works coming which likely will include films along with music.

Also "Act VI: The Hanged Man" at some point will be made

22. Philll

Trusted

Wow, didn't think he'd dive into a whole new story concept. Seemed like he got burned out on the acts, thought he'd want to keep things a bit more straightforward.

23. KalValor

Regular

Is.... is this an album or something else?

24. KalValor

Regular

I loved the acts but I’m excited for this. Not sure what he meant about not attempting the same narrative approach, but I won’t judge it until I get a taste. Thanks @SoundscapeMN for sharing!

SoundscapeMN and beachdude like this.
  25. SoundscapeMN

Regular

"Act VI is going to be titled "The Hanged Man." We don't know what it's going to be, or when it's going to come out.
    At the end of night one there was a 15-minute sci-fi short film about an 8 year old child being taken away from his mother (who voluntarily reported his coming-of-age for this purpose) to serve in some manual labor for some dystopian futuristic society. This is apparently going to be the concept for a new bunch of music. The two new songs that were played are a part of this story.
    We have no idea how any of this connects to Act VI, or if they are one in the same (seems unlikely, but I guess possible). Casey did mention that those new songs and that short film are part of a new project that will incorporate music and filmmaking going forward. Casey said they will release a new album next year, but we don't know if that's going to be Act VI or this new Sci-Fi thing.
    So yeah, tons of big news!!"

coleslawed likes this.