Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dear Hunter - All Is As All Should Be EP (December 1st 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Philll, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Dog with a Blog

Interesting. I think Act V is probably the best work they've ever done. Act II is easily my favorite, but V felt like their most cohesive work, imo.

Philll likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Hyped

3. Gooddayz

always and forever

I vibe with this ~~

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  4. Gooddayz

always and forever

Act V I always go back to, but never Act IV. I'll say it's my least fav. It got some killer songs, but it never stuck with me

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

I feel like Act V perfected what Act IV was trying to do which is create one fluid movement.

Gooddayz likes this.
  6. atlas

Trusted

Act IV is way better than V. More consistent, way stronger ending songs, no Mr. Usher

Philll likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog Sep 17, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017)
    Dog with a Blog

Nah

Edit: wait, are you saying Mr. Usher is a bad song???

8. Quercus

Regular

The worst part about the greatness of the acts is how it constantly leads to people underrating Migrant. I think a lot of people went into that album expecting a similar sound to the acts and were ultimately let down. On my first listen nothing really stood out and every song blended together, but I came back to it a couple of years down the road and now it's probably my second favorite in their discography.

As much as I love the story, I've always had a hard time relating to it. Migrant feels deeply personal and honest, and that's probably its greatest strength. The fantastic moments are more subtle and not as bombastic or grandiose in comparison, but they are sprinkled all over the album.

I strongly encourage people to go back and revisit it, especially if you only listened to it just the once.

Well, that became a lot longer than I intended. I should probably get back to work...

9. lina555

Regular

Highly - hyped!

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

1 and 3 are the only acts that don't do much for me. 2,4,5 rule.

11. atlas

Trusted

Yeah, I appreciate the effort but Casey's voice just does not suit that style at all. King of Swords is the same concept but way better

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

III has like, 3-4 awesome songs, and A LOT of mediocre songs.

13. Philll

Trusted

Yeah, Act III is definitely the one I return to least. Doesn't help that I had some weird stuff going on at the time it released, it's got some unfortunate associations for me.

If I can offer a controversial take, Mustard Gas is overrated and verges on corny.

14. Micah511

In Cauda Venenum, The Tank, and Mustard Gas are really the only ones I come back to. I love Mustard Gas personally.

15. Philll

Trusted

I don't think it's a bad song (none of them are really), but I could do without it being a staple of their live show.

Agreed that The Tank is great, that chorus just soars.

This Beautiful Life is a hidden gem, always had a soft-spot for that one.

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Act III Is cool it's just not as engaging as the others. also don't like the get your gun song.

Micah511 likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Dang, I love that song. Easily one of my favorites on that record.

As far as the Acts go: 2>5>3>4>1

18. Micah511

rankings let do it

2>5>4>3>1

If I was longer, it would be above 3, but i do like more songs off of 3 than 1, but id rather listen to 1 all the way through than 3, so idk.

19. Philll

Trusted

Shit, ranking...

I guess I'd go 2>1>4>5>3

I think... Keep meaning to hit all 5 in order in a session, but thats a big ordeal.

Overall:

2>TCS>1>Migrant>4>5>3.

20. atlas

Trusted

2 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 5

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We did this already

22. atlas

Trusted

Ranking time is all the time

Philll likes this.
  23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Act IV is my favorite as far as songs go

Act III is my favorite as far as story goes

Migrant is probably better than Act I or II and frankly in my head Migrant is just a side story still in the Acts universe. It's not hard to imagine it being The in between time from III to IV or even about like, TP/TP or something.

The Color Spectrum is by yards my least favorite TDH project. It's great but it's not really something I want to listen to more than once at least as a whole. Individually yeah I listen to various EPs all the time but I don't really reach for this when I want some TDH.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Gooddayz

always and forever

2 > 5 > 1 > 3 > 4

I and III are close, but I think I has higher highs. 1878 still gives me chill and when I saw HHMHT live with just Casey and his guitar. It was outta this world

Philll likes this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm relatively new to this band still, but "Whisper" is one of the most fun epic songs I've ever heard, and I give it credit for that alone.