Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns With The Devil In Confessional (September 9, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jun 22, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Was not expecting mr usher . Love swing so this is pretty cool

2. KalValor

Regular

Preordered this awhile back. Now it's officially out there and I can't hear it. No dl code, nothing. I'm not usually one to complain about delays but this is a little frustrating

3. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Would love to hear this, but no streaming is nonsensical, really. Even then, feel bad for anyone who preordered this and hasn't got it yet, hopefully you guys hear it soon and can let me know how good/amazing/incredible it is.

airik625 likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It just doesn't make any sense. What's the point?

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Casey said that you need to contact the store/place you preordered from to get the DL they should have went out last night.

Light works SO WELL in context of the record

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I really love that there are other singers on this too, Casey kills it as always but its cool to hear some of the other characters having voices... I'm still so confused/shocked/inagoodway about Mr. Usher

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

reading on reddit that you should expect it around 8:30 am central time.. not sure if that helps

KalValor likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love the theories and fans trying to figure out where the story is NOW, The flame is gone is so POWERFUL wow... this is the perfect song IMO... I'm terrible at figuring this stuff out haha I don't wanna post any spoilers anyway

KalValor likes this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Fuck no spotify.

You're not making me buy your record, you're just making me angry.

10. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

it is supposed to be on spotify. this isnt a deliberate move by the band, its just a fuck up somewhere along the line.

11. KalValor

Regular

Awesome. Looking forward to hopefully listening on my lunch break. Thanks for letting me know!

teebs41 likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

no they posted on Facebook Streaming available 9/16

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

after the Q and A I think we all should purchase the record. What people don't realize is that it isn't cheap to record these GIANT orchestras with the music, the label didn't even pay for it they got it in a charitable donation. My point is that this is a project that really deserves to be supported financially by its fans. I can promise you that if you like any of the other acts you will love this record

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This album is incredible. Wow.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. devenstonow

Noobie

Merchnow downloads sent out

teebs41 likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

ooooooooo gotcha, thanks!

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this is wrong it is a deliberate move, go to their facebook. Streaming doesn't start until next week

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

19. SteveLikesMusic

BALLS

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

just purchase the record, or download a leak. it's worth the money I can promise

21. KalValor

Regular

I just realized I don't have my computer with me. So I'll have to wait till tonight to use the download link. This is where it being on Apple Music would really come in handy lol

KidLightning likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

equal vision didn't even have a post on their fb today about this... some of Casey's comments about record labels last night makes me wonder if the two are at odds

Joe4th likes this.
  23. devenstonow

Noobie

Playing devil's advocate here, but I'm guessing label's don't wanna put significant resources towards him when Casey's openly said that this is the last "traditional album" (ie. if he releases Act 6 a full symphony, it won't sell well/won't sell very well towards the "EVR crowd"). And I honestly can't imagine that TDH sells very well.

But from a less cynical perspective, I'm sure that no streaming yet is a big part of it. Who is willing to pay for "part 5" of a band's work when they've never heard anything before?

24. circasurviver

Trusted

The best part of the QandA was when he said he would love to do a full album like Indigo, that would be sweet. Also interesting that the Attack of the Show guy helped fund the album

25. SteveLikesMusic

I'll see if my local record store has it after work today! That and Okkervil. Both have great artwork, which heavily influences my decision to buy vinyl or not.