Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Dark Tower (Nikolaj Arcel, Aug. 4th, 2017) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, May 16, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I feel like The Gunslinger could make such a great movie. I think doing Wizard and Glass as a series is a good idea, but I really think the rest should be told chronologically. I know the movie isn’t a good standard, but what I absolutely hated about it was how it removes all sense of mystery from the series. One of my favorite things about TDT is seeing everything unfold and just being like “HOLY SHIT.” It needs to be told in sequence.

Brother Beck likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the craziest part about everything to do with adapting these books to me has been that nobody seems to realize that The Gunslinger the book is a relatively small and contained story when compared to where things ultimately end up going and it would serve as the perfect introduction into that world. It would even end up being relatively short and inexpensive when compared with modern blockbusters.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

I watched maybe the first 3 seasons of Walking Dead. Season 1 was far and away the best of what I saw. The little bits of Star Trek I’ve seen are fine?????? I guess the same writer also worked on Titans which I haven’t seen. I just feel like this is such a fantastic story with a wonderful world and beautiful characters and it deserves the absolute best.

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Roland is one of my favorite characters across all forms of media and I just want this to do him justice :(

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. Maverick

Trusted

Yes please, we know it has potential to be an incredible series similar to GOT. People involved just have to trust the material and do it justice with a crew of passioned and talented individuals.

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I did not hate The Walking Dead, I thought it was okay, but I didn't think it was good enough to try to work into my life. That kinda sounds pretentious as all hell but I have a pretty crazy schedule and this is a time when there is honestly just so many fantastic movies and shows coming out.

It kills me that they wasted such high quality actors on that wretched adaption. Elba and McConaughey are both ridiculously great actors. I don't know if I personally would have cast them in those roles, but I honestly believe had the property been handled properly they both could have been pretty damn iconic.

7. Maverick

Trusted

I don't know if it was the directing but McConaughey kind of disappointed me in that role. Especially that handsy final battle at the end. Never was a fan of Elba being picked to be Roland either but he did alright.

8. Dog with a Blog Feb 8, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2019)
    Dog with a Blog

I think Elba could be iconic as Roland. I mean, he probably was the best part of the movie, but he had nothing to work with. Curious what they’re planning for this in terms of casting

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I honestly thought McConaughey was pretty terrible in the role altogether, which is nuts because I think he is a fantastic actor. When I heard he was cast I honestly thought he was a little bit too safe or obvious of a choice for the role, but I really think the entire production was a misguided trainwreck.

Maverick likes this.
  10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like you could mix the gunslinger into season one as drawing of the three as flashbacks.

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I still haven't seen this movie and probably won't until I finish reading the series, but I loved hearing that both of them were cast. They sound perfect for their roles

13. Dog with a Blog

Did not. That’s good to hear

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

If you did an entire series I could easily see it beginning with The Gunslinger. The mystery and vibe is perfect to introduce us to the story.

However, if they did Wizard and Glass first and then jumped to The Gunslinger and went book to book .... that works for me as well. Just give it to me.

I just want to re-live this series and everything it has to offer.

15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I heard they're probably going to cast a bunch of younger actors, so they can start with Wizard and Glass.

TJ Wells and Dog with a Blog like this.